Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

We can hope. I'm also curious about DC. Is someone on staff ready to take over so we stick with the same system, do we find someone else that runs it similarly, or do we have to make a system change with a new guy?

We can hope. I'm also curious about DC. Is someone on staff ready to take over so we stick with the same system, do we find someone else that runs it similarly, or do we have to make a system change with a new guy?

I’m not confident in anyone on staff to continue as DC and run the same scheme, think we need to go outside the family to hire a new DC.

Beck will have a Lynch, an experienced former OC and Schmidt, who essentially schemed Tucker’s record season, to lean on for help. I wonder if you’ll see an experienced QB coach (what’s Tim Lester doing now?) brought in to help.

Beck will have a Lynch, an experienced former OC and Schmidt, who essentially schemed Tucker’s record season, to lean on for help. I wonder if you’ll see an experienced QB coach (what’s Tim Lester doing now?) brought in to help.
I would love it if a premier QB coach hire happens.

Gotta sell the Dome, gotta sell that we pass the ball, we have to have a top flight QB coach.

I would think you keep Beck as QB coach and then have a slot for an additional add. Not sure where the best use of that position is.

You don't think Beck will retain his QB coach role? Isn't it normal for coordinators to coach a position like White did with LBs?

That would be a home run

I would love to see an official press conference tomorrow with ADJW, Dino and Beck on stage with a big ole smile on his face teeing up his full time OC. As a STH fan I need to see that. Players need to see that. That said I think orangepassion made a good point in another thread about Dino and his contract. Something needs to be done or Beck can still bail if offered elsewhere. There is a somewhat fragile foundation at the moment. Give Dino 2 years and wipe out his buyout to something negligible. If Dino wins the next 2 years and bolts we can promote Beck at that point.

Anae was OC / Tight Ends & Inside Receivers coach.

So we'll make Beck OC / QB coach, and hire another position coach for TE's.
Yeah you gotta keep Beck as QB coach also. I am guessing that helps with Sellers also. Who we don’t want to lose if we can help it.

I’m not confident in anyone on staff to continue as DC and run the same scheme, think we need to go outside the family to hire a new DC.

If you were a co-defensive coordinator at a small school (Colgate, 2009) and spent the next twelve years as a position coach under the same head coach at two different school but got passed over when the DC position came open how long would you stay with that HC?

If Monroe isn’t considered ready to be a DC now, when will he be ready?

Monroe will be coordinating the practices and preparing the defensive game plan for the bowl game. A bowl game in which I’ve heard he will be calling the defenses.

If Monroe is not promoted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he left too. Who wants that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom