Jason Bourne | Syracusefan.com

Jason Bourne

Ozcuse

All American
Other than the new Star Wars I don't think I've ever been in more anticipation of a new movie. I've watched the Bourne trilogy roughly 500 times.

Who else is pumped for grey haired bare knuckle boxing Jason Bourne?

Other than the new Star Wars I don't think I've ever been in more anticipation of a new movie. I've watched the Bourne trilogy roughly 500 times.

Never been into the Bourne Series.

Meh...Matt Damon isnt a bad ass so I have a hard time watching these movies.

What do we have to save him from this time? ;)

You should read the books...the Identity was reasonably true to the book...the other two were not...and they blow the movies away (and I really enjoyed the movies)...Ludlum was one of my favorite writers...I've read everything he wrote...

I like Jeremy Renner, but there can be only one Bourne. Pretty psyched for this.

Along the same vein, Specter is out on Blu Ray tomorrow. I am a big Bond fan, but I heard it sucked so I decided to wait for video. Anyone here see it?

I like Jeremy Renner, but there can be only one Bourne. Pretty psyched for this.

Along the same vein, Specter is out on Blu Ray tomorrow. I am a big Bond fan, but I heard it sucked so I decided to wait for video. Anyone here see it?

Specter wasn't bad. Some parts were silly (the parts with Bautista) but the beginning sequence in Mexico City was awesome. I recommend checking it out.

But Renner wasnt bourne just someone with the same type of issues

Agree I can't wait for this, Bourne series was bada$$.

But Renner wasnt bourne just someone with the same type of issues
Yeah, of course. But I just felt like there were still good Jason Bourne stories left to tell before we got to spinoff territory.

Forza Azzurri said:
You should read the books...the Identity was reasonably true to the book...the other two were not...and they blow the movies away (and I really enjoyed the movies)...Ludlum was one of my favorite writers...I've read everything he wrote...

I'm jealous for those that haven't discovered the Ludlum books yet. So fun to read one and realize there are others behind it

Ludlum's plot lines are rather formulaic, and character development can border on cartoonish, but his books are awfully hard to put down once you start them. Very crisp writing, excellent context. His description of Bourne's excursion to Switzerland in Identity was super memorable.

I am also HUGE Bond fan...

Have not seen Spectre.

Top 3 favorite Bond movies are:

From Russia with Love
Live and Let Die
Spy who Loved Me

I'm jealous for those that haven't discovered the Ludlum books yet. So fun to read one and realize there are others behind it

If you like Ludlum, I also like Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - they write together and alone - and Steve Berry...

I am also HUGE Bond fan...

Have not seen Spectre.

Top 3 favorite Bond movies are:

From Russia with Love
Live and Let Die
Spy who Loved Me

I thought the new Bond was fine.. really did a nice job remembering the past.

If you like Ludlum, I also like Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - they write together and alone - and Steve Berry...
Love Preston and Child. Read everything they've written - together and alone. Can't-put-it-down-type stuff.

Love Preston and Child. Read everything they've written - together and alone. Can't-put-it-down-type stuff.

And if you, or anyone else, is big into the Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and/or other Fantasy, pick up the Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.. Sword of Shannara is first book but he has authored several Shannara trilogies and, while nothing beats the Lord of the Rings, his books are really good.

I thought the new Bond was fine.. really did a nice job remembering the past.
I just watched and agree. It was a perfect bookend to the Craig run.

My favorite Bonds:
1. Craig
2. Connery
3. Moore
4. Brosnan
5. Dalton
6. Lazenby