Java outdated plugin? | Syracusefan.com

Java outdated plugin?

Jamesvillecuse

2nd String
anyone else getting this outdated java plugin message? This is the only site it shows up on and the publisher is not Java but some sl something? It just started showing up this morning

Same here. Been getting sent to malware sites on my phone as well. The java thing now wont let me get off the page without closing the browser on my laptop.

yes it is some type of malware virus associated with one of the ads on this site

Last edited:
This is happening with more and more regularity. Really annoying

upload_2014-11-2_14-21-44.png

I got it using Chrome 2-3 weelks ago. There was a short thread about it. Was told to try Fire Fox. It went away for about a week but now it is back.

I got it using Chrome 2-3 weelks ago. There was a short thread about it. Was told to try Fire Fox. It went away for about a week but now it is back.
I'm getting it on Firefox

Don't click on it. It's definitely malware.

Just because it pops up on this site doesn't mean it is caused by this site. I pay a good amount of money to have this site monitored, and none of the past, "you gave me a virus" posts have proven to be accurate.

Don't click on it. I'll make a change on this end, and look into it. Let me know if it gets better or not.

Last edited:
NOTE: I just received the following reply from our host:

Java released a new version about about a week or two ago.
It may mean just that, he's using an outdated version of Java.

They can verify if they actually have an outdated version using this URL:
https://www.java.com/verify/

I'd appreciate it if you'd check the link above and update your Java (only from this link). Then let me know if it gets any better.

Does the page load?
It takes me to the page I posted above. If I click 'Back, it takes me back to the page I originally tried to load.

NOTE: I just received the following reply from our host:

Java released a new version about about a week or two ago.
It may mean just that, he's using an outdated version of Java.

They can verify if they actually have an outdated version using this URL:
https://www.java.com/verify/

I'd appreciate it if you'd check the link above and update your Java (only from this link). Then let me know if it gets any better.
OK - I have installed the latest version of Java (Java 8 Update 25). I will let you know if I encounter this issue again. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom