Jay Wright to the Knicks? | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright to the Knicks?

So this means he won’t be replacing JB? :(
Looks like speculation to me. But, I guess that's part of the author's job.

I'm pretty sure he makes more than JB now and I doubt the AD is going over 5m/year to get him.

No issue here, just didn’t ever consider it. I think college BB is different, will he be happy in the NBA.?

Who knows but I would take that job. Randle Barrett couple high picks couple free agents. Next year they’ll tank one last time with all the trash from this years team still around and year after be good. Better than what Beilen went to Cleveland for.

I dunno, I could see Wright's style translating to the NBA. He's a cool guy who doesn't need to throw tantrums at players in order to get them to listen. And it's just human nature to want to move up to the pinnacle of your given profession.

And the Knicks have two first round picks in June so they have something to work with. I don't think going from their current situation to the 8th spot in the East is that far-fetched.

1581981772116.png

From a basketball standpoint, he’d be better off staying at the elite program that he built and has rolling than going to the 20 years and counting train wreck Knicks.

But if the money is way better? He could always go back to college and get a top job as soon as the timing is right(like Pitino and Cal did), if the NBA doesn’t work out...while being that much richer.

Whoever the new NYK coach is they gotta bring this song back for the player intros.

And from an excitement standpoint, the thought of going from playing in that little on-campus gym (where Nova plays most of their games) to playing under the brightest lights in sports has to get the blood flowing.

From a basketball standpoint, he’d be better off staying at the elite program that he built and has rolling than going to the 20 years and counting train wreck Knicks.

But if the money is way better? He could always go back to college and get a top job as soon as the timing is right(like Pitino and Cal did), if the NBA doesn’t work out...while being that much richer.
Wright is stupid to leave Nova for any job that isn’t a loaded NBA roster.

The NYK job can’t pay him enough unless he just wants to retire after coaching in the NBA and not be a lifer like a JB or K.

The Nets have a better shot next year with Kyrie and Durant.
The Knicks are nowhere near good.
Wright as a replacement for Brent Brown and the Sixers would make some sense.
The Sixers have the most talent in the East right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom