JB In Game Interview | Syracusefan.com

JB In Game Interview

Doc5120

Starter
Not sure if this was talked about within the game thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread.

When JB was interviewed by Seth and whoever the other commentator was (name escapes me), they asked for his feelings about the pandemic, coaching while Covid is ongoing & college sports in general. He basically said he'll be coaching, no mask (players can hear his voice from much further than 6 feet away) and he's ready to get going. He seemed to have no reservations about it. And to me it appeared that he was really advocating for getting college sports going. At least this is how I took it. Seemed like a man on a mission who was ready to get back to it. Curious on how others interpreted what he said.

JB’s passion is to coach. That’s what he does. He doesn’t know what to do with himself when he’s not coaching.
He's also looking at the end of his career sneaking up on him in the near future. I'm quite certain he doesn't want to lose one of a select number of years left.

My take was they got outscored by 10 points during the interview, so maybe keep the interview shorter next time...haha

I do agree with your interpretation. He wants to coach. He's not being totally cavalier about it, but wants to find a way to make the season work out

Someone should have reminded that awful Chris Vosters that there was a game in progress that he could butt in and reference once in a while.

Seth asked a couple of good questions...including the one about masks.
But look at some of what they didn't ask:

1. Any plans to play without fans and consistently test players?

2. Does social distancing mean he won't get almost nose to nose and berate players he yanks from games?

3. How has the Zoom age changed recruiting?

Not sure if this was talked about within the game thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread.

When JB was interviewed by Seth and whoever the other commentator was (name escapes me), they asked for his feelings about the pandemic, coaching while Covid is ongoing & college sports in general. He basically said he'll be coaching, no mask (players can hear his voice from much further than 6 feet away) and he's ready to get going. He seemed to have no reservations about it. And to me it appeared that he was really advocating for getting college sports going. At least this is how I took it. Seemed like a man on a mission who was ready to get back to it. Curious on how others interpreted what he said.
Yup. I think that's great.

Thought the announcing was awful yet again. For some reason these guys just can't call the game. The chatter is nonstop. I kept it on though because in the few moments in between you could clearly hear the coaches and players talking. That was cool.

Someone should have reminded that awful Chris Vosters that there was a game in progress that he could butt in and reference once in a while.

2. Does social distancing mean he won't get almost nose to nose and berate players he yanks from games?

Those are great questions. I can answer #2 - not a snowball's chance in hell!

4. Will you have hand sanitizer at the ready for every nose pick? 4a. Does the university have enough money in the budget for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom