JB is going to be a fun watch next year | Syracusefan.com

JB is going to be a fun watch next year

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I think next year will tell us a lot about JB's drive. Now that the roster is for the most part set let's see what we have

1) mix of experience and inexperience
2) more athleticism if not "wow" athletes
3) better positional fits which should lead to better designs to get shots for the right folks
4) deeper bench
5) Massive room for improvement as the season progresses
6) No NBA level no doubters in terms of talent, but Jessie gives us the best big on the floor most nights.
7) No sons skewing minutes and big picture.

Still unanswered questions - Cole's return, Judah's true performance, Benny development, etc, but to me the biggest unknown is JB and how he will be with the family reunion in the rearview, the angst of the fan base growing, and the end of the line closer than yesterday. Going to be a very interesting season.

I want to see him spread the minutes around. I’m so sick of seeing guys get 35+ minutes a game. No excuse for that. I want to see him utilize the bench way more often. Especially earlier in the season to get everyone some in game experience.

I want to see him spread the minutes around. I’m so sick of seeing guys get 35+ minutes a game. No excuse for that. I want to see him utilize the bench way more often. Especially earlier in the season to get everyone some in game experience.
Joe's going to be at like 36.

Jesse's minutes will only be limited by foul trouble.

3 of the other 5 spots on the floor hopefully have healthy rotations.

All Final four teams had the same or less number of guys average at least 10 minutes per game as the Orange.

Boeheim always has major decisions to make.
But fun to watch?
I think the only time that ever happened was when he lost it at Duke after that bad offensive foul call on CJ Fair.
And you never know when he's going to reach that finger in and get one! Not what I would call fun!

What egos? This is the first I’ve heard of that.
Not excessive egos but everyone has one. They all appear to be great kids and modest but being as good as they are I assumed they were treated likes kings in high school. People telling you how great you are and then you hit college level and it’s a whole another world.

I’m just concerned that he may be too hard on them and say things to discourage instead of encourage. JB tells it like it is but I would like him to be more tactful

I think next year will tell us a lot about JB's drive. Now that the roster is for the most part set let's see what we have

3) better positional fits which should lead to better designs to get shots for the right folks
4) deeper bench
6) No NBA level no doubters in terms of talent, but Jessie gives us the best big on the floor most nights.

Still unanswered questions - Cole's return, Judah's true performance, Benny development, etc, but to me the biggest unknown is JB and how he will be with the family reunion in the rearview, the angst of the fan base growing, and the end of the line closer than yesterday. Going to be a very interesting season.
No doubt he'll have the athleticism, the talent, and the bench that give him an opportunity to do some new things. But this is JB and I remain convinced he's too set in his ways. He'll only come out of the 2-3 zone to play the 1-3-1 zone, he'll stick with 7 players, play starting guards over 30 minutes each, and pick a new freshman to bear the brunt of his wrath. I'm excited to think about the possibilities for this team. I just seriously doubt the bball culture will change much.

Joe's going to be at like 36.

Jesse's minutes will only be limited by foul trouble.

3 of the other 5 spots on the floor hopefully have healthy rotations.
The maximum for Joe s/b 25 he is a defensive liability. If we start playing man with some press we will get easier scoring opportunities.

The maximum for Joe s/b 25 he is a defensive liability. If we start playing man with some press we will get easier scoring opportunities.
The other team may also if we do.

After watching Judah play the other day, we haven't had a freshman with athleticism and ability like that in a long time. He's efficient at all 3 levels, a good passer and shoots it well from the free throw line. Joe at the 2, with some Judah at the 2 and sy and Judah pushing the tempo. I'm excited.

After watching Judah play the other day, we haven't had a freshman with athleticism and ability like that in a long time. He's efficient at all 3 levels, a good passer and shoots it well from the free throw line. Joe at the 2, with some Judah at the 2 and sy and Judah pushing the tempo. I'm excited.
We’ve had busts and transfers with most of our top 100 lead guards over the past 9 years. We’re overdue for one to be great. Odds are in Mintz’s favor to be a breakout star.

We’ve had busts and transfers with most of our top 100 lead guards over the past 9 years. We’re overdue for one to be great. Odds are in Mintz’s favor to be a breakout star.
Judah is on a different level than guys like kadary and Jalen in high school. I watched them all, but Judah is next level. I'll be shocked if he isn't an instant major impact type player for us next year.

What about Kadary? He was a great passer and driver. But I guess Judah is a better scorer.

What about Kadary? He was a great passer and driver. But I guess Judah is a better scorer.
I liked Kadary but his shot always had a weird hitch in it and that always looked like it be an issue against better competition.

4) deeper bench

Great post. I think the backcourt is really promising, might be one of the best in the ACC, and we’re going to have a star at the center spot. I think the big unanswered question is the forward rotation. I would fine with Cole and Benny as the starters, with 2 of the freshman as key subs. But if Cole decides not to return, we must aggressively go after an experienced forward from the portal. We can’t have our starting forwards being a freshman and sophomore. Too much inexperience, imo.

Judah is on a different level than guys like kadary and Jalen in high school. I watched them all, but Judah is next level. I'll be shocked if he isn't an instant major impact type player for us next year.
It sounds like he will be one of those freshman, like Ennis, Mali and Lydon, that JB trusts right away.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom