JB: "No end game strategy." | Syracusefan.com

JB: "No end game strategy."

Even if he has a strategy, he knows very well he needs to take this position so that it doesn't negatively impact recruiting. This is a complete non-story.

Yep. This is all for recruiting purposes.

Why is Jim seemingly the only coach who has to answer to this b.s. question?

They don’t ask Coach K this crap...

There are several articles when you google Coach K and retirement so it's talked about. But we don't notice it as much because we read Syracuse news, not Duke news.

There are several articles when you google Coach K and retirement so it's talked about. But we don't notice it as much because we read Syracuse news, not Duke news.
I guess... just seems like it’s much more of a pointed effort by the media when it comes to JB.

I guess... just seems like it’s much more of a pointed effort by the media when it comes to JB.
It's an easier thing for K since he's recruiting one-and-dones. He doesn't have to tell them that he'll be there for the next four years ... 'cause those recruits are either headed to the NBA or transferring to make room for the next group of top-10 recruits.

It's an easier thing for K since he's recruiting one-and-dones. He doesn't have to tell them that he'll be there for the next four years ... 'cause those recruits are either headed to the NBA or transferring to make room for the next group of top-10 recruits.
This idea did pop in my head as a reason.

Good point.

Last edited:

In fairness as well, JB is older so he hit that mid-late 60's age range first so he was first to field the questions and then more recently JB is the only one who already had a "retirement" date announced that he later backed off on.

In a college basketball program where one man has coached at the same school for more years than Methuselah lived, it is natural to ask, when will that coach step aside, and in what type of universe can such a condition persist. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call theTwilight Zone.

Has any one of Jimmy Jr., Buddy or Jamie ever expressed an interest in coaching?

If there is ever an end game, that's what it will be, imo.

I drove past the day coming home from work and there was an ambulance or two there. Not sure if it was another fight or food poisoning.
hahaha I thought the novelty of a buffet of garbage quality food would have worn off after a week or two? The food is borderline not edible. I guess people are that excited about all you can eat. Good gawd.

For a minute I thought he was talking about an end of game play we practice. I'm sure we don't have one. It's obvious we don't have one for the last shot of the 1st half either.

hahaha I thought the novelty of a buffet of garbage quality food would have worn off after a week or two? The food is borderline not edible. I guess people are that excited about all you can eat. Good gawd.

When I take the time to consider how many people have disgustingly unclean habits, the concept of buffets is horrifying to me.

To answer your question, most likely it's due to the deeply planted seed by SU themselves in that presser for the whole wide world to see when addressing the sanctions and the program's immediate future, etc.

when they pry his fingers from the rim & nail the coffin shut
I think he looks at Jim Calhoun and says "No Way" am I retiring. From the court to the grave...

As I once pointed out, there are like 5 D1 coaches who are 70 or older including 2 others in the ACC. So why do folks here Harper on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom