JB on Dan Patrick Show at 11:35 today | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Dan Patrick Show at 11:35 today

Did anyone see/hear this and have more detail? I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a bigger response since all I remember reading about is from AD/chancellor and the speculative articles and JB responses that it's all BS. This is the first time I've seen that JB actually said he's considering retirement after this year straight from the horses mouth.

I really thought it was more that he might want to coach longer but maybe that's "fake news." Anyways after multi-page threads about silliness like him going to BC how is this not bigger news?
JB said that Thamel's position that JB might not go quietly into the night was BS.
The rest is spot on true.

Wouldn't be surprised that jbs been promoting gillon a lot lately because they have their eyes on another 5th year PG.
It'd be a shock if we DON'T bring in another 5th yr PG and another wing scorer.

John Gillon has been a find for this team. It doesn't matter what his height is. He can flat out play and beat you in the ACC. I hate the height qualifiers all the time, especially coming from broadcast announcers.

That kid made the last TWO plays of the night. He stuck his man on the defensive end and then drained the 3-pointer at the other end

Actually, make that the last THREE plays. He hit the driving runner over Allen with 37 seconds left.

Listening to the interview in context, I took it as JB being pretty light-hearted. He said it with a wink, like someone says, "who knows what tomorrow will bring." He then made the joke about Patrick having bad days and probably thinking he's done too. I'm not sure it really means much. JB just screwing with people.

Listening to the interview in context, I took it as JB being pretty light-hearted. He said it with a wink, like someone says, "who knows what tomorrow will bring." He then made the joke about Patrick having bad days and probably thinking he's done too. I'm not sure it really means much. JB just screwing with people.

I agree after hearing the whole thing it does not sound like a bombshell just him continuing to or want to announce anything. That being said he is well aware of the hot topic and that one liner will get out there quick. His motivation for saying now I have no idea.

If we wind up finishing the year on a high note, I wouldn't mind if Boeheim retired to go raise money for the Dome renovation. I think he could do the university more good that way. And that's not meant to be snark. The reno is a huge deal. Of course, if in 3 years, Hop hasn't been able to deliver, then you bring Boeheim back.

If we wind up finishing the year on a high note, I wouldn't mind if Boeheim retired to go raise money for the Dome renovation. I think he could do the university more good that way. And that's not meant to be snark. The reno is a huge deal. Of course, if in 3 years, Hop hasn't been able to deliver, then you bring Boeheim back.
I don't think fund raising is JB's forte. Remember, he couldn't even bring himself to ask Melo for money to get the Melo Center project off the ground. His wife ended up making the approach.

I don't think fund raising is JB's forte. Remember, he couldn't even bring himself to ask Melo for money to get the Melo Center project off the ground. His wife ended up making the approach.

Wheel him out but have her do the legwork.

Total speculation on my part.
Considering how the roster is shaping up for next year, probably a pretty good guess. I don't know if they can do anything about integrating a new 5th yr into the program but if there is, they should pursue it. It looks like the learning curve was way longer than was expected or JB would not have been crowing about how good this years team was. It would have been more like it'll take time to get everybody on the same page but once that happens...

Well, if it's a ploy to get people in the door to make sure they will be there, it got me there!

Maybe, maybe not. It is just as likely that he is trolling Thamel with a comment like that. He was clearly annoyed by that article and what better way to say "you don't know what your talking about" than to say something like this.

Personally, I feel like he would like to keep coaching, but the university isn't giving him any positive signals about letting him continue beyond next year. So if that's they case, "Screw it, I'm outta here."

Yeah only like 1000 times has it been brought up.

Yes, that's true, but the thing that makes it news is that he said it to the national media, not a group of friends.

I read JBs comments that "I might call it quits this year" as a door opener to get people thinking that the plan might be altered.

Now let me say that I don't think the plan will be altered.

What would be his reasoning? Shits and giggles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom