JB to appear at the Kohl Center Madison Wisconsin Saturday | Syracusefan.com

JB to appear at the Kohl Center Madison Wisconsin Saturday

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Invite%20for%20website%20-%20smaller.jpg

UW fans can fight cancer and greet Boeheim

Madison - Just a friendly reminder that Wisconsin basketball fans can contribute to a worthy cause and welcome Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim to the state by attending the Coaches vs. Cancer Wisconsin Gala Saturday at the Kohl Center.

Join Coaches Bo Ryan, Rob Jeter, Todd Adrian, Jeff Gard and Luke Reigel at the 5th Annual Coaches vs. Cancer Wisconsin Gala.
Saturday, May 5, 2012 - Kohl Center - Madison, Wisconsin

To learn more, or for table and individual ticket sales, please contact Rachel Larrivee at rachel.larrivee@cancer.org or 608-662-7555. Tickets are $125 each.

JB and Juli started their "Coaches vs Cancer" Gala 13 years ago... and coaches around the country have copied it (in many cases joining together as do the schools in the Philly area). However, the Boeheim event remains by far the most successful, raising more money than most of the rest combined. Jim also travels around the country to support other coaches in this effort. A few years ago, he was in Spokane in support of Mark Few's event.

This ought to be interesting with SU ousting Wisc in that great game...plus the whole transfer issue with Bo Ryan and SU getting one from Duke.

There won't be any issues for Coach Boeheim, Madisonians are cordial and polite, at least towards anyone who isn't an extremely conservative politician.;)

I hope he uses his great sense of humor to put on a good show. I doubt that Wisconsin folks have ever seen that side of him.