JBA | Syracusefan.com

JBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Mod
He needs his own thread. That’s all. You don’t want 5 of him on your team, but you need 1.

Love this kid. His high low passes are a lost art. Double the post from the corner defense was also super.

At some point in the second half. Jessie had the ball in the post and JBA sprinted across court drawing the double team defender with him.

Little stuff like that matters.

Glad to see him and Benny on the count together…Also got a glimpse of why I’m not sure it’s a good idea.

Last edited:
JBA brings great energy.
Yeah, you nailed it, his energy and even leadership as a result of it is hard to quantify, but will be a significant factor If this team achieves the success we’re hoping for.

The fact that he is contributing statistically in the way he is, is mind-boggling to me, now that he is contributing in this way it’s an indispensable combination. Good for him Good for him

Orangefog, I agree. I am convinced that when JBA comes in the teams defensive energy picks up. Intensity is contagious.
It’s not just the energy. That’s not giving enough credit for what he’s doing

he’s covering for others lapses as well. Once the replay is up on YouTube there is one possession that shows what he is doing vs what others are doing

It’s not just the energy. That’s not giving enough credit for what he’s doing

he’s covering for others lapses as well. Once the replay is up on YouTube there is one possession that shows what he is doing vs what others are doing
I totally agree, I was simply agreeing with another poster. He does all of the intangibles that few if any others on the team do. Like others have said he’s a glue guy.

He needs his own thread. That’s all. You don’t want 5 of him on your team, but you need 1.

Love this kid. His high low passes are a lost art. Double the post from the corner defense was also super.

At some point in the second half. Jessie had the ball in the post and JBA sprinted across court drawing the double team defender with him.

Little stuff like that matters.

Glad to se him and Benny on the count together…Also got a glimpse of why I’m not sure it’s a good idea.

Biggest thing for me is when on the wing he closes off the short corner and easy 3 from the wing and allows the guards and opposite forward to stay higher. He is intimidating on that wing.

On offense the passing, calm presence and being a space eater is just a huge asset.

20 assists on 30 FG today and only 3 made 3pt FG. The size and passing with JBA in makes the halfcourt offense extremely efficient. Amazing we are doing this despite really not shooting it well outside. If Bell or Taylor become legit threats from outside as the season progresses... all the sudden this team's ceiling gets taller.

Williams and Bell need to play the high post like JBA. Their added offense ability would make it even more effective.

Bell should really learn that the foul line is a good place to be with his stroke. Dont just stand at the 3pt line not moving.

Williams and Bell need to play the high post like JBA. Their added offense ability would make it even more effective.
It should help them watching JBA do it. That's another benefit of having Bol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom