JB's Postgame Presser | Colgate | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Colgate

Talent or coaching. That’s what it always seems to come down to

Is Colgate more talented. If so, super alarming

Is Colgate better coached. If so, super alarming

What do they say about relationships? When you stop getting mad, that’s how you know it’s over? This relationship seems over, JB should not be this calm

If you showed that video to someone who didn’t know a single thing about collegiate athletics, their takeaway would be that we made the fateful decision to schedule the Golden State Warriors in game 2 of the season.

Read my post. Hes different. Lost his fire.

He's just another successful old guy who didn't know when to retire and know looks very foolish up there every night, surrounded by yes men and women who keep perpetuating the myth that he is the same coach he was 15-20 years ago. It's sad really but quite common as you know I am sure.

He should step down now and let Red take it over for the season, see what he's made of

My how things have changed.
After the many seasons of SU breezing by Colgate by 30pts, our coach now bows to them as a juggernaut, a loss apparently expected, and "we have to get better".
Accountability?

My how things have changed.
After the many seasons of SU breezing by Colgate by 30pts, our coach now bows to them as a juggernaut, a loss apparently expected, and "we have to get better".
Accountability?
I dont think Jim has ever taken the blame for anything. Its not his strongest quality.

If anyone here is observant, they will recognize that JB is attempting to build Colgate up beyond what they really are to mask his own inefficiencies. It’s a mental trick he’s using to rationalize it in his mind. It’s also completely incorrect.

Last edited:
Well Colgate clearly was better. But they shouldn’t be, and the game shouldn’t have played out almost identically to last year.

awfully quiet from the Boeheim defense fund tonite.

I'm a big Boeheim defender as a steward of this program. I was UNHAPPY w how he drove the program into a second probation and at that point i figured was a great exit ramp for his sterling career.

At this point we're being held hostage by legacy. This was inevitable. The program has become Indiana where the greatness if gone.

If i'm John Wildhack they need to start to have hard conversations on the end game. This needs to be done delicately because JB wants to keep coaching. Maybe an NBA team can save us if he wants to stay in coaching

I'm a big Boeheim defender as a steward of this program. I was UNHAPPY w how he drove the program into a second probation and at that point i figured was a great exit ramp for his sterling career.

At this point we're being held hostage by legacy. This was inevitable. The program has become Indiana where the greatness if gone.

If i'm John Wildhack they need to start to have hard conversations on the end game. This needs to be done delicately because JB wants to keep coaching. Maybe an NBA team can save us if he wants to stay in coaching
An nba team?!

SU owes nothing to JB anymore. The rope he has been given over the past decade has all but run out.

An nba team?!
Sure. He can be an assistant to one of his buddies on the NBA front if his interest in coaching hasn't waned. Why not? A Pete Carrill like yoda figure who picks his nose alot

I agree that is the most alarming statement he made. If he can't build a team or coach a team good enough to be the likes of Colgate on a regular basis then he needs to leave. THIS IS SYRACUSE !!!
Well that isn’t what he said, is it.

SU owes nothing to JB anymore. The rope he has been given over the past decade has all but run out.
SU owes everything to JB. I disagree. The school isn't the school without what he's done for 45 years on the Hill. You are crazy to be so myopic.

What they owe him the most is a succession plan. A lifetime tenure never works. They can figure out a way to make this elegant.

You think an NBA team would consider hiring JB at this point? For what? Come on

“Colgate has better shooters than any team we’ll play this year”

Uh huh.
They are Better than the Milwaukee bucks

“They gave big guys that can pass. Big guys that can handle it”

They don’t have any big guys. What’s he talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom