JB's Presser after Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Buffalo

The injury to Frank set the team back a lot. The 4 teams we lost to will probably win their conferences and make the tourney. The team will win the next 2 and have things sorted out for the conference season opener against ND.

"We've had 2 of the worst practices all year since the old dominion loss this week and I don't know why."

LOL.

Players under the bus...

Wow. He said that?! Haven’t watched yet.

How is that throwing players under the bus?

Because he’s not acknowledging bad coaching or bad adjustments. It’s always on the players.

Well guess what Jimmy? As HC it’s your job to put players in positions where they can SUCCEED. If players don’t succeed it’s not entirely their fault. You are also accountable.

Last edited:
He said it last year too. I sort of agree. “We are not a running team.”

No offense, but that's crap. Running has nothing to do with actually running. Pass the damned ball. Which we did a bunch, but everyone pulls it out.

I mean I’d like to see them fastbreak more but they don’t seem very fast or they are shaky with the ball. Whenever it is successful it seems that there are just as many or more botched ones as well like tonight. Maybe they try in practice and it is a fail? Someone fumbles it/dribbles it off a leg/fumbles a lob?

I would like to see the pace picked up though. Frank walking the ball up constantly suucks.

Because he’s not acknowledging bad coaching or bad adjustments. It’s always on the players.

Well guess what Jimmy? As HC it’s tour job to put players in positions where they can SUCCEED. If players don’t succeed it’s not entirely their fault. You are also accountable.
That wasn't at all stated in the post I responded to. JB stating we had 2 terrible days of practice is not throwing anyone under the bus, rather he's just giving his opinion about the last two practices.
The "throwing people under the bus" is such an overused/ misused thought nowadays.

Well guess what Jimmy? As HC it’s tour job to put players in positions where they can SUCCEED. If players don’t succeed it’s not entirely their fault. You are also accountable.
That wasn't at all stated in the post I responded to. JB stating we had 2 terrible days of practice is not throwing anyone under the bus, rather he's just giving his opinion about the last two practices.
The "throwing people under the bus" is such an overused/ misused statement nowadays.

He said it last year too. I sort of agree. “We are not a running team.”
The coach determines whether or not to be a running team. It's his"system" and his choice to have the players push the pace. The problem we've had the last few years is players don't know how or when to run. We pushed some tonight but we didn't have numbers. Other games, we have numbers but no one fills a lane or goes to a spot. It's all haphazard. Fast breaks aren't hard if you drill them a little.

I mean I’d like to see them fastbreak more but they don’t seem very fast or they are shaky with the ball. Whenever it is successful it seems that there are just as many or more botched ones as well like tonight. Maybe they try in practice and it is a fail? Someone fumbles it/dribbles it off a leg/fumbles a lob?

I would like to see the pace picked up though. Frank walking the ball up constantly suucks.

We can’t push tempo and we can’t play pressure D unless it’s an emergency. Yet we recruit “athletes”. It makes no sense.

We can’t push tempo and we can’t play pressure D unless it’s an emergency. Yet we recruit “athletes”. It makes no sense.

Our fundamentals and dribbling with said “athletes” seems really suspect. That being said, who knows what the hell they do in practice.

Simply put, we lost to a much better basketball team tonight. They're better in all facets, that includes coaching. They never lost their cool. They knew they were the better team and they were. Congrats Buffalo, you are the new best basketball team in New York State.

Simply put, we lost to a much better basketball team tonight. They're better in all facets, that includes coaching. They never lost their cool. They knew they were the better team and they were. Congrats Buffalo, you are the new best basketball team in New York State.
St. john’s May have something to say about that. They are unbeaten too.

He's told to walk the ball up. If you watched his presser you'd hear it straight from the coach's mouth. We are not a running team.

He's told to walk the ball up. If you watched his presser you'd hear it straight from the coach's mouth. We are not a running team.

I heard it. I meant maybe they try in practice and it has been a fail. I don’t know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom