JB's Presser after Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Ga Tech

He doesn't sound like he has any answers. Maybe the kids aren't listening? It happens.

Tech carved up our zone with ball movement. They only took 12 treys. They got the ball inside and scored easy baskets in the paint. They had an offensive game plan. We took 33 treys. We have no offensive flow. All we do is throw the ball around the perimeter and take a late shot clock long trey.

Pretty clear between the lines that JB feels Oshae and Tyus are taking more threes than they should given the results; “they’re not helping themselves (!?) or the team”.

He doesn't sound like he has any answers. Maybe the kids aren't listening? It happens.
Well, it's a problem if the kids haven't been listening for 4 years running. There are fundamental problems with the program right now and I fear they won't be solved for a few years. It sucks. I'm not looking forward to Monday at all.

I just don't understand why there isn't Center or PF that can score around the basket. The centers on this team are painfully inept on the offensive end. Chuckwu has shown zero improvement offensively in the 3 years he's been on the hill.

Announcers on TV repeatedly said Syracuse needed to drive the ball to win. Supposedly that's what Tyus and OB are good at.
I could count the number of times they drove to the basket and had fingers left over. IF they did they couldn't finish.

Rather miss threes.

There is nobody on the team that should feel good about the way they played tonight.!

I just don't understand why there isn't Center or PF that can score around the basket. The centers on this team are painfully inept on the offensive end. Chuckwu has shown zero improvement offensively in the 3 years he's been on the hill.
He's been here for 4 years.

Announcers on TV repeatedly said Syracuse needed to drive the ball to win. Supposedly that's what Tyus and OB are good at.
I could count the number of times they drove to the basket and had fingers left over. IF they did they couldn't finish.

Rather miss threes.

There is nobody on the team that should feel good about the way they played tonight.!
OB is great driving to the hole, as long as he doesn't have to dribble. He can't keep his handle at all right now.

Ill buy you a car if that happens
Well, tonight’s loss is about the equivalent of losing to Rutgers 19-0 at home. Just sayin crazier things have happened 35 years ago.

Tech was ranked 310th in 3pt% entering tonight’s game. Decidedly not one of the best in the country.
He was clearly talking about Virginia Tech

JB has done a fabulous job coaching this team for many decades. Can't dispute that he's done a great job with great results. He loves CNY and I do too.

I think he can add a number of years to his lifespan if he retires. This is probably not doing his physical or mental well being any good.

Watching this team, and recent SU teams, is like having a root canal procedure once every year for the past 4 1/2 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom