Jeff Goodman on Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Goodman on Syracuse

Say's we are just a big away of being good. Extremely high on Starling and Westry.

Says Edwards will be lucky to touch half of that 800k at West Virginia and the NIL numbers are inflated in a lot of places.
Why does he think Edwards will only see a fraction of that 800k? Just curious.

Rumors are that these NIL offers have performance related components. Best example is the 13 million dollar ordeal with the Florida kid in football. Thus it's a target cap but not guaranteed money.
Interesting. Obviously they have to be personal stats and not team oriented statistics, because they can't be tied to a school.

Interesting. Obviously they have to be personal stats and not team oriented statistics, because they can't be tied to a school.

Well yeah... but as we have seen the rules are riddled with loopholes and enforcement seems to be a rumor itself.

Say's we are just a big away of being good. Extremely high on Starling and Westry.

Says Edwards will be lucky to touch half of that 800k at West Virginia and the NIL numbers are inflated in a lot of places.

But I read that we don't know how to NIL for international players and our NIL is a mess and Binghamton is a sleeping giant and Kent wants us to be a Patriot League school and the end of the world will be here before we make the tournament again and Chance and JJ were paid in free shoveling service.

I was under the impression that NIL deals cannot be tied to performance, whether individual or team?
per the athletic, i am of the understanding the big issue with Rashada is Florida did not have the funds committed to pay the NIL contract (i.e. the colelctivethought they had the booster on board, but the booster never fully signed off on committing the funds)

Last edited:
I was under the impression that NIL deals cannot be tied to performance, whether individual or team?

MV5BODQ1YzgyNTAtNDBmMS00YmYzLTgyZmEtM2JjYTUzMjljOGMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_SY100_CR39,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

Bernie Was that the chick from last night?
Danny Yeah, I picked up the phone and she was already on the line.
Bernie Yeah, right. Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.

;);)

That is why the Jesse Edwards debacle is so hurtful.
With him and the transfers, possibly Mintz and the other returnees as well. the Orange would be preseason Top 20. Back!
Instead, it's question mark time again.
?

Last edited:
I wonder if it's not tied to on-court performance, but rather the number of appearances or something. It might be $800K if he does a certain number of autograph signings, appearances, etc. and the number he'd have to do is not realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom