Jeopardy | Syracusefan.com

Jeopardy

Wish it was 3 hours so I didn't have to turn the basketball game on after.

Jennings likes to stay in the zone, and play stall ball toward the end, bit's forty minutes of hell all the way with Holzy.

Was interesting seeing both of them alter their usual strategies to go immediately daily double hunting and betting it all every time. Only way to have a shot against him.

James has been very impressive given he hasn't hit many daily doubles. Brad's performance has just been bizarre. I think he hit a daily double on the first question 3/4 of the second rounds. Then missed them. Which is also unusual because these guys almost never get questions wrong otherwise.

James has been very impressive given he hasn't hit many daily doubles. Brad's performance has just been bizarre. I think he hit a daily double on the first question 3/4 of the second rounds. Then missed them. Which is also unusual because these guys almost never get questions wrong otherwise.
Agreed - I pointed out the Brad/DD thing to my wife.

You just don't expect these guys to miss questions. I think James missed 3 last night - I was stunned.

Then again, on the first show, I think they ran the board in both rounds in the first match (or at least in Jeopardy, maybe not in Double).

what are the restrictions for buzzing in ? it's clearly not after the question has been asked. is it as soon as alex speaks ? seems like these guys just gamble and buzz in not even knowing the question.

He did it again tonight! And missed it.

Agreed - I pointed out the Brad/DD thing to my wife.

You just don't expect these guys to miss questions. I think James missed 3 last night - I was stunned.

Then again, on the first show, I think they ran the board in both rounds in the first match (or at least in Jeopardy, maybe not in Double).
Tonight he missed some as well. Thought he had a shot in Game 2. $5000 vs $0 lead and lost it all on the DD. Missed a huge opportunity there.

what are the restrictions for buzzing in ? it's clearly not after the question has been asked. is it as soon as alex speaks ? seems like these guys just gamble and buzz in not even knowing the question.
I also want to know this. Do contestants only hear the question, not reading it too? And when can they buzz in? Feels like most of the time it's a crapshoot who can buzz first and once you get a question that person's buzzer is a bit quicker on the follow-up question(s).

How many more rounds of this? I never watch this show but I tuned in last night and assumed it was a re-run.

How many more rounds of this? I never watch this show but I tuned in last night and assumed it was a re-run.

First person to win 3 nights. Right now Ken has won 2 and James 1.

Jennings competitiveness is showing thru - difference in all games has been misses. James missed more last night than I think he has in his other games combined, and Jennings buried him. Going all in on Final Jeopardy question in round 1 made game 2 moot.

Brad does not seem engaged. Not sure why

I also want to know this. Do contestants only hear the question, not reading it too? And when can they buzz in? Feels like most of the time it's a crapshoot who can buzz first and once you get a question that person's buzzer is a bit quicker on the follow-up question(s).
Their is a TV screen for the contestants to read the clues. Next to that are lights that go from Red they can’t buzz in, to green they can buzz in. Once it turns green the contestants can buzz in. It’s a science and buzzing in fast is a skill.
Ken’s advantage is he’s skilled at buzzing in fast. Sometimes for even knows the answer. He will read the question after buzzing as buzzing in fast is more important.

the smarter people are, the more chances they take they will know the answer and buzz in, but they still dont buzz in on every question so there is some thought involved.

more like i know that and come up with the answer.

james won because he played the game better than most of the people. not because he was always the smarter one answering questions.

Agree I think Ken is probably the smartest, James the best game player but Ken has the strongest combo of the two.

the smarter people are, the more chances they take they will know the answer and buzz in, but they still dont buzz in on every question so there is some thought involved.

more like i know that and come up with the answer.
Obviously depends on the category as well. Like Foods that start with the letter Q.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom