Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

Nava

Walk On
Due to some injuries to the Nuggets, Jerami Grant has been asked to step up into a somewhat bigger role and has been playing very well. Currently averaging 15.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1 block, and 1.1 steals per game on 47.5/44.4/71.8 shooting splits in the past ten games (per ESPN). Great to see former Syracuse players doing well.

I don’t even think it’s close. If waiters kept his head out of his arse then Jerami would have some competition.

I would say that Waiters needs to be traded again as he has worn out his welcome in Miami but I think he needs to stay there because Riley does not put up with his nonsense and his ACT on another team would only get worse. Spurs are the only other place I could see him where he would be held 100% accountable.

As always, I am rooting for him and will always own real estate on Waiters Island. Prime real estate

Jerami Grant is our best NBA player to enter the league since 2003. Change my mind.
If Waiters could grow up within an organization that suits him he’d be that guy. He has the talent and killer instinct. Shame he’s been his own biggest obstacle in Miami. Hope Riley gives him another real shot.

If Waiters could grow up within an organization that suits him he’d be that guy. He has the talent and killer instinct. Shame he’s been his own biggest obstacle in Miami. Hope Riley gives him another real shot.

Curious if you could hand pick a spot for Dion to be traded where would that be? Riley has been more than fair with him, he also looks like he has having a tough time keeping his fitness/ weight where Riley requires.

There's always a honeymoon period with Dion but when it comes to day in day out grinding he hasn't been able to hold up. Injuries haven't helped either. All that said, his talent has allowed him to hang in there and carve out a pretty solid career and make some great money

Curious if you could hand pick a spot for Dion to be traded where would that be? Riley has been more than fair with him, he also looks like he has having a tough time keeping his fitness/ weight where Riley requires.

There's always a honeymoon period with Dion but when it comes to day in day out grinding he hasn't been able to hold up. Injuries haven't helped either. All that said, his talent has allowed him to hang in there and carve out a pretty solid career and make some great money
To your point, if Riley can’t help him I’m not sure who can. Other potential beneficial spots could be Lakers, Boston, San Antonio or maybe GSW.

Those teams have either management, coaches, veteran players or all three in place to mitigate Dion when he leaves his island to be a total space cadet.

1581728044861.png

He’s been really good for Denver and seems to be the logical successor to Paul Millsap when his contract expires. Hopefully he can stick in Denver and continue to grow with their young core.

If it was 1996, MCW would be a starter who perennially averages 15, 7, 5, and 2...when healthy. Unfortunately he can’t stay healthy or hit the 3.
I would agree on Grant, even though Dion has had some nice moments too.

Warrick had some underrated solid years too, but Jerami is a more versatile player.

Also, if Flynn didn’t blow out his hip, he’d have had a very solid career.
I'm not sure about that.

I don't know that he had the mentality. The hip accelerated his timeline out of the NBA though, for sure.

I'm not sure about that.

I don't know that he had the mentality. The hip accelerated his timeline out of the NBA though, for sure.

I remember reading that he clashed with his coach sometimes. He was awfully young though(and his coach was a moron and organization sucked - maybe I should’ve added “gets drafted by a decent organization”?). Flynn had a lot of good qualities too IMO, and could’ve matured into a good leader. He could be a knucklehead sometimes but I don’t think he was a knucklehead who couldn’t be helped or grow out of it either.

His quickness and explosiveness was ultimately what made him special. Once that was diminished, he was just a young 5’10 guard with an average J.

Thinking positive, I think he gradually improves to a good shooter with good bball IQ who sticks around even after the athleticism fades at a normal age for it to fade...like now. His just suddenly went on him at age...21 or so?

I remember reading that he clashed with his coach sometimes. He was awfully young though(and his coach was a moron and organization sucked - maybe I should’ve added “gets drafted by a decent organization”?). Flynn had a lot of good qualities too IMO, and could’ve matured into a good leader. He could be a knucklehead sometimes but I don’t think he was a knucklehead who couldn’t be helped or grow out of it either.

His quickness and explosiveness was ultimately what made him special. Once that was diminished, he was just a young 5’10 guard with an average J.

Thinking positive, I think he gradually improves to a good shooter with good bball IQ who sticks around even after the athleticism fades at a normal age for it to fade...like now. His just suddenly went on him at age...21 or so?

Of course he “clashed with his coach” - Kurt Rambis is a dumbass.

Square peg in a triangular hole.

You don’t draft a guy who excels using his athleticism to drive and dish, and then ask him to linger on the perimeter and hit 3’s like Steve Kerr - it’s not his game.

The triangle offense only works if you have 2 of the Top 50 players of all time running it.
(Jordan / Pippen & Kobe / Shaq)

The T-wolves? Yeah, not so much.

I don't think it was sudden as much as Minny had no idea what they were doing with anything related to athletics and decided to bring him back way before they should have allowed it to happen.

Didn't they also draft like 18 point guards in 3 years......just to, uhhhhh, I have no idea, have a lot of them?

Of course he “clashed with his coach” - Kurt Rambis is a dumbass.

Square peg in a triangular hole.

You don’t draft a guy who excels using his athleticism to drive and dish, and then ask him to linger on the perimeter and hit 3’s like Steve Kerr - it’s not his game.

The triangle offense only works if you have 2 of the Top 50 players of all time running it.
(Jordan / Pippen & Kobe / Shaq)

The T-wolves? Yeah, not so much.

Yup. Horrific situation for him. The irony is, he was overdrafted at #6...which was good for his initial paycheck and playing time and “clout”, but which took a dumb organization to do so and this was a bad situation for him.

If he ends up on Denver like Ty Lawson, he probably has at least a pre-alcohol problem Lawson type career.

Maybe all of our players should go to Denver...we have a high success rate there.
One was a slam dunk but Denver does have an excellent track record of developing young talent and it’s shining through this year. If Barton and Porter get healthy they could steal the West.

One was a slam dunk but Denver does have an excellent track record of developing young talent and it’s shining through this year. If Barton and Porter get healthy they could steal the West.

Porter was a great pick. Looks like a good bet to be a star if healthy. He’s a major talent.

I felt like the Knicks(because they’re not getting a star any other way) and especially Charlotte(because they ALWAYS go safe and always end up with a 7th man level talent in the lottery) should’ve picked him.

Maybe all of our players should go to Denver...we have a high success rate there.
I’d like that though we can’t see many games because cable won’t agree with the local sports channe,.

Dude plays D and moves the ball well on offense. he's perfectly suited to today's game. He's going to set up his family for generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom