Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

I will make it my mission for people to know Jonny’s story. If anyone that weeps over Bo Jackson, has jokes about Jonny... I may swing.

*Ok, I won’t actually swing.
Agreed that kid ain’t the butt of anyone’s joke. Another sweet post by skurey (a real board legend)

Dammit. How did he not knock himself out?

I don’t know how he didn’t burn up on re-entry! :cool:

(that was one of Jay Bilas’ all time great lines)

Most great leapers have to worry about banging their head on the bottom of the backboard.

Jerami has to be careful not to bang his chin on the top of it. ;)

Happy for him, as he has obviously put in the work needed to maximize his potential. The shooting numbers have to better than any of us ever imagined they could be. Though, I’m sure some knew it all along, and he was just Boeheimed, only being allowed to take 5 (that he missed) all year in his final season, but I digress. Coming into the league as a less than 30% three point shooter, all the way to 40% in a few years is one helluva leap. Especially for a 6’8 forward. :insert Rothstein joke:

Love this Denver squad. I think they can make some noise in the playoffs, and spoil the all LA WCF that everyone is expecting. And Jerami is the missing piece that they needed to be complete.

Happy for him, as he has obviously put in the work needed to maximize his potential. The shooting numbers have to better than any of us ever imagined they could be. Though, I’m sure some knew it all along, and he was just Boeheimed, only being allowed to take 5 (that he missed) all year in his final season, but I digress. Coming into the league as a less than 30% three point shooter, all the way to 40% in a few years is one helluva leap. Especially for a 6’8 forward. :insert Rothstein joke:

Love this Denver squad. I think they can make some noise in the playoffs, and spoil the all LA WCF that everyone is expecting. And Jerami is the missing piece that they needed to be complete.
I'm surprised his shooting improved after he left school so early and missed out on valuable coaching and PT...I kid.

I'm not sure about that.

I don't know that he had the mentality. The hip accelerated his timeline out of the NBA though, for sure.

Sports sliding doors moment. If Devo releases that ball an eyelash sooner and 6OT never happens, is Flynn picked that high in the draft?

I'm surprised his shooting improved after he left school so early and missed out on valuable coaching and PT...I kid.

Of all the post Melo early entry guys, Grant is the only one IMO that it would have still worked out if he stayed another year, because his ceiling was the roof. All the others cashed in their chips at the right time.

Sports sliding doors moment. If Devo releases that ball an eyelash sooner and 6OT never happens, is Flynn picked that high in the draft?

and if he isnt picked that high, he is in a totally different time and place and doesnt destroy his hip ruining his career.

Of all the post Melo early entry guys, Grant is the only one IMO that it would have still worked out if he stayed another year, because his ceiling was the roof. All the others cashed in their chips at the right time.

He ended up in the perfect situation though. Being able to come right into the league, and get 20+ MPG was big. Not sure that there were many places outside of Philly that would have given him that opportunity. And the other spots that would have, aren’t good at developing young talent. If he went to a place like Minnesota, or Sacramento, then he may have been thrown to wolves, until they decided to give up on him. I’m sure he would have worked on his own to eventually find a spot in the league anyway, but his development was expedited going this route, and teams were able to see his abilities in game action, without having to take a risk on him themselves. This got him the large contract off his rookie deal, that he may have had to wait on if things played out differently. In 2021, he should do very well for himself, and get to pick what team he wants to continue his career with.

He was able to work through his mistakes, and learn what he needed to improve upon. They were in complete rebuild mode, allowing the young players to develop on the fly. Then OKC made him an important piece of their 2nd unit, which led to him becoming a starter last year. He really had the perfect progression throughout the beginning of his career. That’s how you take a kid with loads of potential, and develop their skills to become a well rounded player. Coming up in two solid organizations was huge for Jerami. And now he’s in another, with one of the best rosters in the league, and a great coaching staff. He will have a spot in the league for up to another decade, and maybe more, barring injury.

It’s nice to finally have a kid end up in a solid situation coming out of the Cuse. Unlike our guys that ended up in bad organizations, or with injuries like Flynn, Wes, Malachi, and Lydon.

stats say the average NBA career is 5.5 seasons. i'd say he's doing well. not a mega star but doing just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom