Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

I watched only the 1st half (was a long day, went to bed), so I missed The Jerami Show in the 2nd half. Sigh.

That play where he got the steal and took it down court against BOTH AD and Bron and still finished was remarkable.

Also - The Joker is just insanely fun to watch play basketball.
He’s like Marek & Dirk with the combined bulk of both of them. :p

He's going to get a better deal than his player option. On another note, the Nuggets wasted everyone's time.

I hope Denver keeps him somehow. A one year deal, not his option, could work out well for both parties. They keep him for their run next season, and he bets on himself to at least repeat his success, then sign a bigger long-term deal than he can this off-season.

If I was him, I'd have no issue betting on myself, and I doubt he would either. We'll see though. Gotta do what's best for your family. Denver will be back regardless, as Porter Jr. improves, along with even Jokic, and Murray. Which should terrify other contenders, especially in the West. LeBum better hope AD bails him out, so he can get his last ring.

Not gonna get any easier next season, and that's a huge understatement since no one benefitted more from Covid than the Queen. And he gets the Heat most likely to win it all. Which I'm sure they all would have signed up for immediately before the season. This is similar to the one ring he actually earned against OKC. Miami is a pretty young, but really talented squad. May just not be quite there to take down LA, but with Jimmy, and the team chemistry that they have, it's not gonna be easy for the Lakers.

Last edited:

*ahem*

Unreal. Some ridiculously awful, and embarrassing takes in that thread. Granted, it was after a pretty devastating loss to end such a promising season, but the hate for Grant, and even Ennis too was moronic. Except for that djcon guy, Al, and anomander. Cleanthony Early...No words to express how hilarious that is. Sure looking good in a 2nd tier French league. I'd be messaging the mods if I wrote any of that garbage. Can't take anything they say seriously ever again.

*ahem*

Did a check to see if I was one of the likes of the post. And I was not!

The standout player for that Wichita St team ended up not being Cleanthony Early or the other played who was hyped a bit in Ron Baker -- but instead it was Fred Van Vleet.

Like Grant, FVV was not a first round pick and instead developed well in the league. And now they are both likely going to get nice pay days this offseason.

Last edited:
I hope Denver keeps him somehow. A one year deal, not his option, could work out well for both parties. They keep him for their run next season, and he bets on himself to at least repeat his success, then sign a bigger long-term deal than he can this off-season.

If I was him, I'd have no issue betting on myself, and I doubt he would either. We'll see though. Gotta do what's best for your family. Denver will be back regardless, as Porter Jr. improves, along with even Jokic, and Murray. Which should terrify other contenders, especially in the West. LeBum better hope AD bails him out, so he can get his last ring.

Not gonna get any easier next season, and that's a huge understatement since no one benefitted more from Covid than the Queen. And he gets the Heat most likely to win it all. Which I'm sure they all would have signed up for immediately before the season. This is similar to the one ring he actually earned against OKC. Miami is a pretty young, but really talented squad. May just not be quite there to take down LA, but with Jimmy, and the team chemistry that they have, it's not gonna be easy for the Lakers.

I think he gets something like a 4-year $60M deal with a 5th-year player option. I'd say that's probably around his ceiling for a contract in the NBA so I'd probably take it if I were him instead of betting on yourself that you can earn a $20M/year contract.

I think he gets something like a 4-year $60M deal with a 5th-year player option. I'd say that's probably around his ceiling for a contract in the NBA so I'd probably take it if I were him instead of betting on yourself that you can earn a $20M/year contract.

I could be wrong, but I believe the only team that can give him a fifth year is Denver. If he goes to another team the max contract he is allowed to get is 4 years.

I know the max periods in terms of contract length were to protect owners from bad long term deals, but the constant turn of short deals creates more free agent turnover, more cap space flexibility, and more stars partnering up in glamourous markets.

I could be wrong, but I believe the only team that can give him a fifth year is Denver. If he goes to another team the max contract he is allowed to get is 4 years.

I know the max periods in terms of contract length were to protect owners from bad long term deals, but the constant turn of short deals creates more free agent turnover, more cap space flexibility, and more stars partnering up in glamourous markets.

He could get that 5th year if he opts out and re-signs with Denver, right? Or would it have to be a contract extension?

He could get that 5th year if he opts out and re-signs with Denver, right? Or would it have to be a contract extension?

Good question -- not sure how he would have to go about it (opt out or extension).

My guess if he stays with Denver is that he takes the longest deal he can. His value may not be the same at 30 as at 26.

Most likely correct that he jumps on the long-term deal instead of waiting a year, and risking it, all for a few extra mil a year. I think he's worth something along the lines of 5 years 80-90 million, if he's able to get the extra year. If not, 4 years 65-70 million sounds good to me. 16-18 a year, though the numbers being floated appear to be 14-16. Regardless, he's gonna do just fine for himself, and deservedly so.

I really hope it's back in Denver, as they will be contenders yearly for the foreseeable future, and LeBron ain't getting any younger. But, it's possible that he may have to choose between less money on a championship caliber team, a la Denver, or the bigger payday on a team that may be a tier below the top squads.

Though his addition to a team like Portland could put them right in the mix with the legit contenders. Dallas would be a nice spot to land as well, but right now they don't have the cap space for it. I would almost rather see him there with Luka, and KP than Denver, but any of 'em is a solid fit. Hell, he could be the missing piece that helps put one of them over the top. As long as it's not Minnesota, Sacramento, or the Suns. Even though Phoenix has a decent young nucleus. We shall see.

For selfish reasons I'd love to see him in NY, but for his well being, I hope not. Either way, it's awesome to finally have one of our own, other than Melo obviously, develop into an all-star caliber player. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving guy either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom