Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

I have a hard time believing they'll be a serious suitor. In all likelihood, even if Giannis signs with the Bucks this offseason, they'll still want cap flexibility for next year to pursue other guys anyways. If Grant is willing to take the MLE, he'll have a ton of suitors I would imagine. Maybe at that point he would be convinced that Miami is the right spot, but I would tend to think Denver will ultimately re-sign him.

I have a hard time believing they'll be a serious suitor. In all likelihood, even if Giannis signs with the Bucks this offseason, they'll still want cap flexibility for next year to pursue other guys anyways. If Grant is willing to take the MLE, he'll have a ton of suitors I would imagine. Maybe at that point he would be convinced that Miami is the right spot, but I would tend to think Denver will ultimately re-sign him.

There will be a lot of guys available in ‘21. Grant needs to take a long term deal from Denver or one of the bottom feeders if they up the stakes. Klutch isn’t letting him sign for the MLE. Even to join the Lakers.

Could probably get a bigger deal in ‘21 from the teams that swing and miss on Giannis, Kawhi, but bird in the hand, take the long term deal now.

Always makes me smile to see athlete's coming back to finish their education. If they made it to the pros, they got what they wanted, but they still appreciate what's important and meaningful. And for many, they are fulfilling a promise. Good for Jerami, and good for all of them!

I would extend this to any athlete anywhere who leaves early in pursuit of their dream, but I love it more when it's those that I've rooted for, and most (if not all) times been very sorry to see them leave early...no matter how much sense it may have made.

Detroit is doing some nice things. I think this could be a good move and he gets a bigger role.

Good for him and his family. Congrats Jerami and who gives a crap if Denver matched. Perhaps they waited to late, maybe it was a team option in year 3, maybe Dtown was offering to make him a focus on offense...NBA central can smoke a turd in hell. Go Cuse!

All things being equal you would have thought he would stay in Denver. So my guess is all things weren’t equal.

props to Jerami for getting the second most NBA money of any Cuse player ever. You would have never thought with all the talent we’ve had come through in the past 20 years since Melo that Jerami would end up that guy, but he has and he’s earned every penny. Hopefully he can continue to grow even more and become a true star in Detroit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom