Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

Good article. He may be the most versatile defensive player in the league.

It’s a really interesting perspective on his career arc. I don’t know if he can take on the role of a #1-2 go to guy and the roster construction isn’t great but now is the time to find out.

“It’s easy to see why many doubt that Grant can keep getting better. He has to make just as dramatic an improvement as a ball handler and decision-maker as he did as a shooter. But it’s also easy to see why Grant wouldn’t listen to the skeptics.”

Coming soon to your neighborhood the “ Jerami Grant Student Athlete Apartment Compex”! I wish

Grant is putting up some impressive numbers. 28 points, 10 boards last time. I think he has 27 against the Hawks tonight with a minute remaining.

He still, though, always looks like he doesn't have enough balance or strength at the rim, though. Not a powerful finisher, unless it's a uncontested dunk. He's a better 3-point shooter than i ever thought he'd be. Still room to get better, too. I don't think he has great hands, but that could improve.

Probably a good move for him, going to Detroit. Denver likes Porter, and Grant definitely has a larger role in Detroit.

Grant is putting up some impressive numbers. 28 points, 10 boards last time. I think he has 27 against the Hawks tonight with a minute remaining.

He still, though, always looks like he doesn't have enough balance or strength at the rim, though. Not a powerful finisher, unless it's a uncontested dunk. He's a better 3-point shooter than i ever thought he'd be. Still room to get better, too. I don't think he has great hands, but that could improve.

Probably a good move for him, going to Detroit. Denver likes Porter, and Grant definitely has a larger role in Detroit.

Detroit may have a long year but they have some pieces. They need to get better defensively at guard.

Hmm, I've always thought he was way stronger than his body looked, even in college, and used to comment how strong his hands were. He wanted more offense going through him if he was to re sign w Denver, they said we can't do that. They do believe in Porter, but at the expense on D for big men, especially w Joker at the 5. Grant checked the best player on every team that wasn't a guard, good luck Denver stopping anyone this year on the wing or at center.

Hmm, I've always thought he was way stronger than his body looked, even in college, and used to comment how strong his hands were. He wanted more offense going through him if he was to re sign w Denver, they said we can't do that. They do believe in Porter, but at the expense on D for big men, especially w Joker at the 5. Grant checked the best player on every team that wasn't a guard, good luck Denver stopping anyone this year on the wing or at center.
Grant just got flattened by a chest-up with... Steph Curry.
Yeah, i dunno. He might be 'strong' in some senses, but it's the balance thing that bothers me. He just gets knocked off-balance or completely flattened far too often. A lot of it has to do with the contortions he goes into, trying to get difficult shots off, taking a more finesse approach than a power approach.

I wasn't commenting on the strength of his hands. Just dexterity. He's an exciting player. He might average ~24 points/game. That would be something.

It's weird watching Detroit now. It's kinda like he's the focal point of the team, and Blake Griffin is is a shadow of his former self.

Jerami Grant with another baller game. 30 points. 10 rebounds tonight against Phoenix. May have just hit the dagger 3 with 18 seconds left in overtime, after just finishing a twisting drive/layup.

Really playing like a guy who thinks it's 'his team.'

Pistons broadcasters are running a lonnnnng halftime highlights reel of Jerami Grant. Very impressive.
He's already 6-9 in this game against th'Alanna Hawks, in 18 minutes.

Could he be an All Star this year?

Oof. Not a good finish to this game. Pistons had a 17 point lead, now the Hawks are up 8 with 37 seconds left in overtime. Jerami didn't finish the 4th quarter well. Had buckets to start off overtime, but then blew some opportunities and took some bad shots the rest of OT. Still—he made some pretty stunning plays. 34 points on 13-23 overall.

He still has upside. I think he can get even better over the next few years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom