jerami grant is a baller | Syracusefan.com

jerami grant is a baller

Bigger than I thought. Impressed.

Southerland is the best shooter on the team. Grant will have his shot next year
i didn't think so before, but now i think grant is going to play. probably at the expense of southerland or fair whichever guy is playing worse. grant has more upside than either of them.

i didn't think so before, but now i think grant is going to play. probably at the expense of southerland or fair whichever guy is playing worse. grant has more upside than either of them.
The upside I agree with

Grant will barely play any BE minutes. Less than MCW last year IMO. No knock on Grant but CJ and James will play big minutes plus it looks like we will often have 2 of DC2, Christmas & Baye on the court. This was also without Cooney who was the 3rd guard. Christmas is very improved and comfortable at 2 positions. DC2 may get a few minutes a game at the 4 and Baye caught the ball.

Grant will barely play any BE minutes. Less than MCW last year IMO. No knock on Grant but CJ and James will play big minutes plus it looks like we will often have 2 of DC2, Christmas & Baye on the court. This was also without Cooney who was the 3rd guard. Christmas is very improved and comfortable at 2 positions. DC2 may get a few minutes a game at the 4 and Baye caught the ball.
i could be wrong i'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, i could just see where it may be hard to keep grant off the court in a couple months from now. he is way more advanced than i expected.

Fair is at worst our 2nd best player. I don't see him losing minutes to anybody.

i could be wrong i'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, i could just see where it may be hard to keep grant off the court in a couple months from now. he is way more advanced than i expected.

His defense and rebounding is ahead of his offense right now IMO. The nice thing is that even though his offense has a ways to go you could see the skills and ability is there. I was more impressed with him than I expected to be but last year MCW played about 3-4min in the first half for most BE games and that was it. With the way Coleman, Christmas and Rakeem played plus Southerland and Fair I just see Grant in the same type of position. Of course I could be wrong as well.

southerland should be hearing footsteps

Southerland wound up our high scorer tonight, I'm pretty sure. He hit 4 or 5 threes.

I disagree. He's got enough size to play defense against Big East teams - maybe not the best ones, but the rest of them. And he was pretty decent on the boards. Showed a good sense of position defense keeping his hands high and not fouling, Did a very fundamentally solid job.

JB stated in his presser that he would be playing 9 guys this year. That means that Grant will see the floor.
Grant is big, agile and quick for his size. He looks more like a 4 than a 3. But he has really big problems when he tries to shoot. He has no touch shooting around the rim, let alone from outside the key. How many non-scorers can we play at a time (Christmas, Keita, Grant)?

In fairness it's tough to have any touch when you keep sprouting up three or four inches every time you attempt a shot. The dude must have grown four and a half feet tonight.

southerland should be hearing footsteps

grant has no idea what he is doing in the zone yet. he is the equivalent at the bottom of the zone as devo was to the top.

lazy footwork and a lot of looking around waiting for someone else to make a play or make a dumb effort for a steal.

Grant is big, agile and quick for his size. He looks more like a 4 than a 3. But he has really big problems when he tries to shoot. He has no touch shooting around the rim, let alone from outside the key. How many non-scorers can we play at a time (Christmas, Keita, Grant)?

iirc, wasnt he labeled a great shooter in hs?

I thought Grant played pretty good defense and rebounded well. Especially for a freshman. His offense is bad though. His shot looked bad. Like another poster said he will probably be more of a 4.

grant has no idea what he is doing in the zone yet. he is the equivalent at the bottom of the zone as devo was to the top.

lazy footwork and a lot of looking around waiting for someone else to make a play or make a dumb effort for a steal.

Yeah, that's closer to what I saw. And to be expected - every freshman wing comes in and fumbles around in the zone. Grant's raw.

But he's got remarkably long arms (makes South look like T-Rex) and should develop into another very good player. Wouldn't expect that to happen in the next six months, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom