Jerome and George as our top two RBs should be interesting and exciting | Syracusefan.com

Jerome and George as our top two RBs should be interesting and exciting

CaliCuse

All American
Jerome has become that consistent power back inside and we await to seeGeorge Morris be that other type of impact RB . The one that gives us the big play from any point on the field and not get caught from behind.Whether DMF gets on the field is a matter of someone getting dinged. Will DMF be able to spell George as Adonis may do for Jerome? Who knows:noidea::p

Cali has been less than stellar lately.

I hope that Steve Rene gets his chance to start at ZRB because Jerome gets caught from behind too much. Also that PTG guy never breaks long runs either.

I think Cali is right though. I bet Morris plays more than gulley this year.

I hope the line gives them both enough room to operate. Our backs seemed to really turn it on when Pugh came back last season. He's not here now, just hope what we have will get it done.

I think Cali is right though. I bet Morris plays more than gulley this year.

Don't count that McFarlane kid out either--looked every bit as impressive as Morris at the Spring game, IMHO.

I hope the line gives them both enough room to operate. Our backs seemed to really turn it on when Pugh came back last season. He's not here now, just hope what we have will get it done.

That's a part of the question we really need to be asking.

Will the line be anywhere as good as it was at the end of the year?

But here's what I can't stop wondering-

Will the change in offense open up as many long runs as the backs had by the end of the season? If you watch the highlights, many of PTG's 20+ yard runs were because Nassib correctly read the weak side of a defensive scheme and handed the ball that way.

That's a part of the question we really need to be asking.

Will the line be anywhere as good as it was at the end of the year?

But here's what I can't stop wondering-

Will the change in offense open up as many long runs as the backs had by the end of the season? If you watch the highlights, many of PTG's 20+ yard runs were because Nassib correctly read the weak side of a defensive scheme and handed the ball that way.

Yes he ran through huge holes and wasn't touched. I'm not a big fan of PTG, I don't think he reads the defense very well or gets any yardage after contact

Yes he ran through huge holes and wasn't touched. I'm not a big fan of PTG, I don't think he reads the defense very well or gets any yardage after contact

I agree with this sentiment, but he really showed me something the last two weeks against temple and WV. I know its frowned upon to bash players, but me and my dad were actually starting to call him Girly because he would go down so easily. I never really understood why they kept using him on short yardage when we had Smith and AAM. I would assume its because he was the best pass catcher of the three, but he would never get the short yardage needed on the runs. Those two weeks though he started to run harder than he ever had, and me and my dad started to sing his praise. He was an animal and started to pick up those "hard nosed" yards. He was a different player.