Jerry Palm has us as a #10 vs #7 St Johns after last night. | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm has us as a #10 vs #7 St Johns after last night.

Our NET ranking shot up from 59 to 49 after last night's win. Huge step in the right direction. But still a lot of work to be done.

I consider the Pitt game to be whatever "one small step down from a must-win" is. We simply can't continue to lose games at home against mediocre competition, it's killing our resume.

Meh we have .750 winning percentage in the toughest conference in the country should be way higher. @OSU and @Duke are exactly what you need to make early OOC losses not matter.

There will be a bad loss or two somewhere but I am feeling better the more I think about it about ending ACC play in the top 4/5 in the standings which is where we were picked preseason.

Our NET ranking shot up from 59 to 49 after last night's win. Huge step in the right direction. But still a lot of work to be done.

I consider the Pitt game to be whatever "one small step down from a must-win" is. We simply can't continue to lose games at home against mediocre competition, it's killing our resume.
The NET rating system sucks. The NCAA really messed that one up. KenPom has hang 35 overall in efficiency. We were like 30 or 31 a week ago before the GT loss.

I think they’ll come into the game playing with a lot of confidence, which will hopefully translate into knocking down shots.

This would be an amazing match-up purely for personal reasons, so I'd love it, but Shamorie Ponds would light us up and they have a few guys who can shoot. Not an ideal match-up for us IMO.

I have to think we are the only team with 3 Q1 wins (Ohio St 35, ND 75, Duke 4). The NCAA NET site doesn't make it easy to compare.

I have to think we are the only team with 3 Q1 wins (Ohio St 35, ND 75, Duke 4). The NCAA NET site doesn't make it easy to compare.
I think there could be several teams this year with 3+ Q1 wins already. Changing the Q1 formula to winning any game on the road against a top 75 team should increase the amount of Q1 wins teams accumulate this year with so much parity between teams outside the top 20.

I think there could be several teams this year with 3+ Q1 wins already. Changing the Q1 formula to winning any game on the road against a top 75 team should increase the amount of Q1 wins teams accumulate this year with so much parity between teams outside the top 20.
The quadrant formula (what qualifies as a Q1 win, Q2 win, etc.) is actually the same as last year, just that they use the NET instead of RPI this year.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus

The NET rating system sucks. The NCAA really messed that one up. KenPom has hang 35 overall in efficiency. We were like 30 or 31 a week ago before the GT loss.

I think the NET is yielding better results than the RPI (when I looked at it earlier it had a better top 5, top 10, top 20 as of now),

Meh we have .750 winning percentage in the toughest conference in the country should be way higher. @OSU and @Duke are exactly what you need to make early OOC losses not matter.

There will be a bad loss or two somewhere but I am feeling better the more I think about it about ending ACC play in the top 4/5 in the standings which is where we were picked preseason.

Just remember conference standing is irrelevant in seeding. Of course if you have a great conference record in a power conference you are going to do well in the other metrics they look at other than standing.

This is even more relevant now when we actually only have 4 conference games. Our OOC is still a major part of our resume (13 of 17 games) and probably still over half of our key games. This will be diminished.

I think a 10 seed is fair. Bad results still matter.

Just remember conference standing is irrelevant in seeding. Of course if you have a great conference record in a power conference you are going to do well in the other metrics they look at other than standing.

This is even more relevant now when we actually only have 4 conference games. Our OOC is still a major part of our resume (13 of 17 games) and probably still over half of our key games. This will be diminished.

I think a 10 seed is fair. Bad results still matter.

Sure just our pro rated conference schedule is good.

After the GT game I got slammed for daring to compare us to NC St and suggesting they'd find themselves on the bubble at some point and that they were just peaking right now.

They are currently down 15 to Wake.

FSU has already piled up 3 ACC losses. Whoever is doing the seeding probably has them as a 2 seed while we are a 10.

Having 2 good road wins and 1 elite road win will be a huge differentiator from other potential bubble teams. The whole reason we didn’t get in Andrew Whites year was because we couldn’t win on the road. Ironically our losses this year aren’t good so it will cancel out some of the shine of those 3 roaD wins. But we’re at the point now where as long as wE take care of business at home we will put ourselves in a good spot

Sure just our pro rated conference schedule is good.

After the GT game I got slammed for daring to compare us to NC St and suggesting they'd find themselves on the bubble at some point and that they were just peaking right now.

They are currently down 15 to Wake.

FSU has already piled up 3 ACC losses. Whoever is doing the seeding probably has them as a 2 seed while we are a 10.

Yeah but that’s not why you got slammed for your bad take. Of course NC State is going to NC State.

Yeah but that’s not why you got slammed for your bad take. Of course NC State is going to NC State.

Im not sure what was wrong with my take that we didn't suck just because we dropped a game to a middle of the pack ACC team. Noone else will beat Duke at Cameron this year.

Were a good team albiet with some major issues and we will have a few more losses than people like but we can win in March like we did last year regardless of our record. Even next year if Oshae and Tyus return we probably won't be able to have a UVA type regular season with sub 3-4 losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom