Jesse | Syracusefan.com

Jesse

swish7

All Conference
If he could apply some basic footwork improvements in the post, and be more composed on his moves and shots in close, could easily get 8ish more points a game. I mean easily.

This would move him from 311th in scoring to top 15.

Combined with the rebounding...

It seems like millions are never going to be realized because he all too easily is bodied out and into really awkward shots.

I really wish we had some kind of coaching consultant to work with him. A true big.

Almost regret bringing it up, but Jesse could've really benefited from Bernie's coaching. I wonder what Rony Seikaly is doing these days.

Jesse gets his feet too wide apart and loses his balance. He should just think baby hooks going left and right. He thinks too much.
Agree on the feet. This draws his torso down a bit, then he gets it even lower, gets pushed, and all of a sudden he is a pretzel.

He just needs to plant his pivot, keep the ball high, turn around and shoot.

The baby hook would be a nice add to his arsenal. I worry it would be susceptible to again, being bodied into a bad shot.

I see some potential for a Hakeem 'dream shake' in him. But, perhaps his feet are not quick enough, or Hakeem makes it look too easy.

More missed bunnies than any center I can remember.
He really is so bad around the rim. He’s pretty good at getting there tho.

He’s cost Judah a ton of assists this year lol

When he takes a shot from around 2-3 feet, he really seems to just throw the ball at the basket instead of a real shot. His 3-pointer showed he has decent shooting form and and can hit the point-blank bank shot without problem.

When he takes a shot from around 2-3 feet, he really seems to just throw the ball at the basket instead of a real shot. His 3-pointer showed he has decent shooting form and and can hit the point-blank bank shot without problem.
And, on one play its like the most amazing reverse alley oop dunk of all time, but in another game, another play, he is 2 feet away and attempting to lay in what should also be a dunk.

Admittedly, this kind of stuff is super hard for big men to learn, but by say, last year, it should be habit.

IMO, he is leaving millions on the table. Imagine his prospects at even 3 less missed bunnies a game?

Hell, he even passed one away last night, from like 2 feet away and with 2 seconds left on the clock, which led to Judah having to try something really heroic to save the possession. Which he did.

I wish Jesse would turn and face up from within ten feet and shoot the jumper. He’s good off the glass.
I 100% agree. Who is going to block his Ten foot shot? No one! What a weapon. Practice a couple hundred ten footers a day and voila, you will be a one man wrecking crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he could apply some basic footwork improvements in the post, and be more composed on his moves and shots in close, could easily get 8ish more points a game. I mean easily.

This would move him from 311th in scoring to top 15.

Combined with the rebounding...

It seems like millions are never going to be realized because he all too easily is bodied out and into really awkward shots.

I really wish we had some kind of coaching consultant to work with him. A true big.
I don't know whether or not we need a coaching consultant but agree with this take. He's played well but could easily be pushing 20 ppg with better footwork/consistency in the post.

Almost regret bringing it up, but Jesse could've really benefited from Bernie's coaching. I wonder what Rony Seikaly is doing these days.
Oh good lord the legend of Bernie will never die.

Sure Jesse has room for improvement, but he is making over 58% of his FG attempts.

Maybe there is a bit too much nit picking going on here.

Just as an FYI Rony's FG% stat at the Cuse was 56%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom