jessie edwards | Syracusefan.com

jessie edwards

Cusedad2X

Scout Team
First off, we all agree Jessie played well yesterday. He's proven his worth on the defensive side of the court.

However on the offensive side, I think we need to feed him some glass in his pancakes (just kidding--- sort of). He needs to be a bit meaner. Disclaimer: I do not have an association with any pit bull dog fighting rings. I'm dog friendly...lol

But seriously, I want our centers to be able to grab a rebound within a few feet of the basket and VICIOUSLY DUNK over anybody between him and the basket. The "deer in the headlights" look and search for somebody to pass to should be secondary. Maybe he's a bit under the strength threshold to do this or doesn't have the violent streak in him. But grabbing a close rebound and demoralizing your opponent can be a huge momentum shifting play. I hope he develops that " mean streak" in him to bring our center position to another level.

First off, we all agree Jessie played well yesterday. He's proven his worth on the defensive side of the court.

However on the offensive side, I think we need to feed him some glass in his pancakes (just kidding--- sort of). He needs to be a bit meaner. Disclaimer: I do not have an association with any pit bull dog fighting rings. I'm dog friendly...lol

But seriously, I want our centers to be able to grab a rebound within a few feet of the basket and VICIOUSLY DUNK over anybody between him and the basket. The "deer in the headlights" look and search for somebody to pass to should be secondary. Maybe he's a bit under the strength threshold to do this or doesn't have the violent streak in him. But grabbing a close rebound and demoralizing your opponent can be a huge momentum shifting play. I hope he develops that " mean streak" in him to bring our center position to another level.

That comes with strength and confidence. He can get there in the future.

I read somewhere that Jesse was plus 10 points during his stints in a game the Orange lost by 16.
As well as he played, that seems hard to believe.
Anyone to confirm or refute?

I really liked it that Jesse had the confidence to take that jump shot from the free throw line that he missed. That would be such a great addition to the offense.

Jessie has shown a pretty good face up game from fifteen feet and in. He can shoot a little and is a pretty good passer. There is more to his game than just clogging up the middle.

I think Anselem pushes him for PT next year.

I think we are in great shape with the 2 manning the position.

For whatever reason I don't trust JB to keep things simple and this to happen. Either Marek comes back or Jimmy transfers and JB plays Quincy there as a started.

Hope I am wrong.

I think we are in great shape with the 2 manning the position.

For whatever reason I don't trust JB to keep things simple and this to happen. Either Marek comes back or Jimmy transfers and JB plays Quincy there as a started.

Hope I am wrong.
I don’t even know where to start with this post. So I won’t

Jimmy Buddy Joe are a recipe for Disaster. We cant win against any top teams with those three playing starters minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom