JG3 podcast interview | Syracusefan.com

JG3 podcast interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with everything that has been said. To not like or want to root for Joe seems impossible (provided that you're an Orange fan). From a purely basketball perspective, I have to admit that I'm not terribly confident that we can be an elite team with him as the primary PG. That said, I'm crossing my fingers that Joe proves me wrong or Boeheim does the unthinkable and changes it up and finds a different or reduced role for him.

I love Girard but if this is going to be a top 20 team I just don’t see a kid like him as league guard. He’s just too limited. On a team with legit ACC title aspirations he’d be a roll player at best. Maybe first kid off the bench for like 10-15 a game.

But I don’t want it to seem like I’m ripping on him. Maybe he proves me wrong. But I do know that he’s going to have a roll on this team one way or another.

Well if you are correct then this season is in the tank before it starts. So let's hope you are wrong.

Yeah, I agree with everything that has been said. To not like or want to root for Joe seems impossible (provided that you're an Orange fan). From a purely basketball perspective, I have to admit that I'm not terribly confident that we can be an elite team with him as the primary PG. That said, I'm crossing my fingers that Joe proves me wrong or Boeheim does the unthinkable and changes it up and finds a different or reduced role for him.
The interview shed light on what many new or assumed.He is not just another player.Joe is family to JB. Right or wrong JB is going to favor Joe and give him more leeway than most.

The interview shed light on what many new or assumed.He is not just another player.Joe is family to JB. Right or wrong JB is going to favor Joe and give him more leeway than most.

Which will be the team's downfall

I watched the whole interview and unless that was your position before the interview there is absolutely no way you can get that from the interview alone.

Watching him sulk when we he stunk and got taken out for Kadary and still sulked after we came back into a game against UB was one of the most pathetic displays I’ve see on a Syracuse bench in a long long time. Watching his low IQ at the position where you probably need the highest doesn’t make him likable, I will never root against him but him being likable sounds more like whitable.

What is whitable?

In any event, we're probably not far from sharing a similar take on the PG situation (and absolute disdain for how it was handled last year) based on what I remember from previous threads. However, I just think Joe is MUCH less to blame than Boeheim.

Watching him sulk when we he stunk and got taken out for Kadary and still sulked after we came back into a game against UB was one of the most pathetic displays I’ve see on a Syracuse bench in a long long time. Watching his low IQ at the position where you probably need the highest doesn’t make him likable, I will never root against him but him being likable sounds more like whitable.
Assinine

“I will never root against him”- what a joke of a statement - you have consistently derided Joe Girard on this message board. I didn’t happen to see Kadary up and clapping for Joe after any of Joe hit any of his 3’s against West Virginia. Was Kadary sulking too? Was that a “pathetic “ display on Kadary’s part? Not to worry. I understand that the Seton Hall message board has openings. Perhaps you might want to venture over there.

Couldn't agree more. Total trash. Apparently lost on many of our resident geniuses is the fact that they were dead wrong about Buddy for 2.5 years. I can only assume the same is true of their JGIII analyses. But hey, fat jokes. Yippee. Good times.
Are you insinuating I was wrong about Buddy?

You would think Joe was Dogecoin the way he is debated here.

I still think people overrate a good player in Kadary and way underrate a solid player who had a bad year thanks in part to CoVid in Joe.

Both players found themselves sulking on the bench at times for different reasons and honestly at times I was frustrated at both for those reasons. You are a teammate too.

As for next year, basketball is a simple game. Joe needs to push the tempo when he can like he did in the NCAAT, he needs to be decisive off of screening action to take a good look when he has it, penetrate and dish or go pick and roll. Where Kadary was so effective in the half court offense Joe should be off the ball more letting Buddy initiate the offense as you see more of a two man game with Buddy and Cole or Buddy/Benny etc.

Defensively Joe just has to cover better and continue to rebound on the long misses. He doesn't have to be the traditional SU PG for us to be good. He simply has to do what will make things work for this version of SU BB which he is very capable of doing. The addition of Cole/Jimmy is going to help in the half court immensely for Buddy and the addition of Symir will help vs pressure.

Now could this all fail and those who really wish Joe would go play at Albany have their day in the Sun? It absolutely could and I'm not gonna ignore that possibility because it's real. That said I'm optimistic that the things that are not all that hard to do based on his Freshman year and the pieces we have for this year help generate a positive result.

Something else on Joe. This is Buddy's team now without question and he sealed that last year. He trusts Joe and Symir as backcourt mates and seems quite stoked still having Joe and adding Symir. If anything I would at least trust he has a good sense regarding teammates and chemistry. That itself deserves a lot of consideration respective of Joe. Forget the qualms with JB for a moment and just look at how Buddy sees things for a minute and at least give it a chance.

I love Buddy and as a fan, want nothing less than him to crush it this year. That said, I think we're in trouble if this is really "Buddy's team". Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

I love Buddy and as a fan, want nothing less than him to crush it this year. That said, I think we're in trouble if this is really "Buddy's team". Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Huh? What does that even mean? He is the only obvious possible ACC first teamer and AA candidate on this year's team. Based on the quality of his play down the stretch this take makes no sense.

Remember he is the teams leading scorer and a senior as well.

He already proved you wrong

Put a disjointed team on his back and won some of the most important games of the year for us at the tail end of the year

Last edited:
Come on, do we really have to do this? That was the last few games of last year, my friend. Let's see how this year unfolds. I swear, this board over/under reacts to just about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom