Jim Boeheim Appreciation thread. | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Appreciation thread.

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
I’m about to be 57. Feels like he’s been coach my entire life. Syracuse basketball wouldn’t be what it is without him. Great memories. Hall of Famer. National Champion. Some Cinderella runs late in his career in the tourney. He helped make the old Big East what it was.

He’s a legend.

All good things come to an end. I’m drinking for JB tonight. We are lucky we had him.

I’m about to be 57. Feels like he’s been coach my entire life. Syracuse basketball wouldn’t be what it is without him. Great memories. Hall of Famer. National Champion. Some Cinderella runs late in his career in the tourney. He helped make the old Big East what it was.

He’s a legend.

All good things come to an end. I’m drinking for JB tonight. We are lucky we had him.

Super sad to see it end this way. Jimmy B is Cuse basketball. He gave everything to the University and while the last few years were tough the shoes are going to be extremely hard to fill. Things won't be the same without Jimmy.

Cuse

Boeheim built a juggernaut of a program here at Cuse and the Natty was proof positive of his coaching nous, capability, longevity, and it was EARNED and DESERVED.

He has overseen a crazy and often magical ride up the mountain of success in college basketball and we were all lucky to be along for the ride.

Thanks, Coach B.

He’s a legend.

Thank you Coach Boeheim!

He’s a legend.

damn man.

39.. about to hit 40.. SU hoops has been a member of the family since the late 70s so since birth for me. Was blessed to be able to get my degree from SU and be a freshman in the title year. Every game rewatch is an emotional event - every game attended a sense of joy and a kid on Xmas. JB is family to so many of us. I hope he has another 20 plus years to grace the world with his knowledge and enjoy watching one of his many great players steward the team well. So many other things to say and share but just grateful.

He was hired when I was 3. Like so many, I’ve known nothing else.

He built a monster. Might be some bumps in the road but it’s too big to fail now. Because of him.

Last edited:
I'm 59.

Roy Danforth lived down the hill from me and I went to elementary school with Roy's daughter.

And JB lived next door to him.

End of an era.
Jim Boeheim and Roy Danforth were as different as two people could be.

It was an interesting combination. Many were convinced at the time that JB could never fill Roy's shoes.

I was there at Lemoyne Manor in the spring of 1976 when he made his first speech as head coach during a Hardwood Club Dinner.

He spoke after his new assistant coach, Rick Pitino spoke.

Pitino was funny and compelling.

JB's first comment was something to the effect of "maybe Rick should be the head coach"

I’m 44 so he’s been the coach for my entire life. The Wallace run, the 2010 and 2012 teams, and of course 2003 were just seasons you can’t forget.

This program has brought me so much joy (and pain at points) throughout my life and can’t do anything but thank Jim and the players for that.

I’m ok with the change and ok with giving Red a shot, he’s been there and it has to be him. I think we’ll know quick on how this is going to be run, the portal incoming and outgoing is going to be a quick sign in that direction.

Thank you Coach and Boeheim family for being something so positive and so much bigger than basketball. You made decades of joy and pride for my friends and family all while making the Syracuse community a better place.

You, Julie, and your family are a treasure.

He’s a legend.

We are lucky we had him.

Honestly, I don’t think anything can be better said than that. We are lucky we had him.

I’m 44, I’ve never met him but he is something like an uncle to me. He has just always been a part of my life.

My greatest sports happiness in life has been delivered by Jim and his teams.

I’m forever grateful and I am sad it’s over.

Legend.

58…remember the day he was hired. Gave most of us our greatest sports memory in New Orleans.

Great great great basketball mind and fierce competitor. Stood up to Georgetown when it seemed no one else could.

Wish it had ended more gracefully.

We may be in for some genuinely dark days for our basketball program. During our worst stretch of years under Boeheim we were still an above average team. This town really doesn't know what's it like to have a bad basketball team. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Soon to be 40 - he’s been the head coach for the entirety of my existence.

I went to his basketball camps as a young kid. Boeheim, Hopkins, Fine, the players, they were all there as coaches and counselors. It was like getting an opportunity to play in front of all your heroes.

Eric Williams was there too, sleeping in the stands. Boeheim picked on him relentlessly. No surprise that he was gone soon after.

Syracuse Basketball has just been a huge part of our life in my house, and he’s been the biggest character in the movie. It’s been amazing to watch, and of course we’re so appreciative of that. I’ll always remember the best of times.

Thank you for everything Coach!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom