Jim Boeheim as a coach | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim as a coach

edavis44

Walk On
Jim showed again why he is a HOF coach with two critical substitutions. In the first half he pulled CJ when he tried to play one on five as he has done way to many times in the last few games. He sat him and went small and the offense regained its momentum. When CJ did come back in he played well within the team concept.

In the second half CJ again started his one on five game and was pulled again and given some time to reflect that this is a team game.

Just really good coaching and recognition by the staff that CJ does not need to be the go to man and really does not perform well outside of the team concept.

Also you could see his words of encouragement to Cooney more than once in saying just shoot the ball. People really do not realize what a great coach we have.

GO SU FIVE MORE

Also you could see his words of encouragement to Cooney more than once in saying just shoot the ball. People really do not realize what a great coach we have.

GO SU FIVE MORE

Those didn't look like words of "encouragement" to me. Coach B was pissed and was telling young Mr. Cooney to do what shooters are supposed to do... "SHOOT THE BALL." It was great coaching but it looked more like KITA management to me.

Yogi said it best: "90% of this game is half mental." It appeared that TC guided his first shot or two when Coach B told him to shoot the ball. Apparently the message was heard, understood, and acknowledged because TC stopped thinking and started shooting, and shooting well.

My hope is that after this tourney the announcers never butcher Cooney's name again because he becomes known countrywide as "Trey-vor" Cooney.

Those didn't look like words of "encouragement" to me. Coach B was pissed and was telling young Mr. Cooney to do what shooters are supposed to do... "SHOOT THE BALL." It was great coaching but it looked more like KITA management to me.

Yogi said it best: "90% of this game is half mental." It appeared that TC guided his first shot or two when Coach B told him to shoot the ball. Apparently the message was heard, understood, and acknowledged because TC stopped thinking and started shooting, and shooting well.

My hope is that after this tourney the announcers never butcher Cooney's name again because he becomes known countrywide as "Trey-vor" Cooney.
In Buffalo the PA announcer was calling Roberson, Tyler Robertson. Also on the big screen where the NCAA still does a poor job with updates from other games they had Colorado spelled as Colordrado or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom