Jim Boeheim speaks | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim speaks

Good interview. For some reason I think this may be the last season coming up for JB.

Julie is looking forward to going to Hawaii next year.

Good interview. For some reason I think this may be the last season coming up for JB.
I don't always agree with some of his strategy or decisions, but the day he calls it quits will be a very sad day for Syracuse. Would absolutely love for him to walk off a champion.

DUDE.. this is not Nerlens related!
There are 24 NN posts on the front page alone and probably several others that don't have him in the title. I know my daily articles is one of them. One poster got a red ass because I posted a little promo on a girls sport here. Folks, don't go near ledges if this doesn't go our way.

Jim has a wife who is much younger than he AND 3 children at home. Ain't happening. I don't care how much cash he's banked, it won't be enough.

There are 24 NN posts on the front page alone and probably several others that don't have him in the title. I know my daily articles is one of them. One poster got a red ass because I posted a little promo on a girls sport here. Folks, don't go near ledges if this doesn't go our way.
i was just kidding, it was a nice change.

i was just kidding, it was a nice change.
ed I knew you were. I just hope folks don't get too upset if NN goes elsewhere. Judging by all the posts on that subject there are certainly a ton of people interested.

ed I knew you were. I just hope folks don't get too upset if NN goes elsewhere. Judging by all the posts on that subject there are certainly a ton of people interested.
I've moved on at this point, I will just assume the worst and be thrilled if I'm wrong. On to football season, please god let them be good this year.

What do you mean the recruitment is over? Nothing is over until we say it is. Was it over when Rak committed to Georgetown? When the recruiting gets tough, the tough get going, who is with me? Tonight can be the greatest night of our lives but some of you are going to let it be the worst. We need to do something epic.

What do you mean the recruitment is over? Nothing is over until we say it is. Was it over when Rak committed to Georgetown? When the recruiting gets tough, the tough get going, who is with me? Tonight can be the greatest night of our lives but some of you are going to let it be the worst. We need to do something epic.
This situation absolutely requires a futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Um, getting back to the Boeheim thing - sorry! - I was surprised by how mellow he seemed. It is obvious that he has decided to be very pleased by the season and he takes great pride in it. I wondered whether he didn't put a huge amount of pressure on himself and on the team when he told them early on that they were national championship caliber. I believe he VERY MUCH wants to win one more championship before he retires. (Duh.) I also feel certain that when he retires, a huge wail will rise up from the Orange Nation as it hits all of us in the solar plexus what this means. Many basketball programs don't recover from such a loss.

As I was listening to this interview, I was struck by the notion that Boeheim and Hopkins have similar voice inflections, particularly around "the chuckle."

"Hundreds of thousands of students transfer every day." C'mon now, Jimmy. Every day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom