Jim Boeheim was presented the Court of Honor Award from the NABC Foundation | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim was presented the Court of Honor Award from the NABC Foundation

Got an invite today from the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation for their Court of Honor Gala for Jim Boeheim in NYC on June 18th. Don't recall seeing this one here so wanted to share. Congrats coach!

NABC Gala

Yea, I got an invite yesterday too. At $1500 per, I don’t think I’ll be making it. Congrats coach.

I got one yesterday too and I’ll pass on the $1500 ticket for one person. Someone thought $90 was too much to pay for the Clemson game. For $1500 you might be able to get a ticket for Alabama vs Auburn.

Yea, I got an invite yesterday too. At $1500 per, I don’t think I’ll be making it. Congrats coach.

My emotions yesterday when I opened the invite:
- really nice invitation is this a wedding?
- interesting event, was not previously aware of it
- wow some major people are involved, Jerry Colangelo, Phil Knight, Coach K.
- hmmm honorary co-chairs are Melo, Bing, and Hop!
- Coach B. being honored...awesome!
- June 18th, yes I can go to the gala after work!
- waaaah waaah, $1500 a ticket :(
- that was fun while it lasted

My emotions yesterday when I opened the invite:
- really nice invitation is this a wedding?
- interesting event, was not previously aware of it
- wow some major people are involved, Jerry Colangelo, Phil Knight, Coach K.
- hmmm honorary co-chairs are Melo, Bing, and Hop!
- Coach B. being honored...awesome!
- June 18th, yes I can go to the gala after work!
- waaaah waaah, $1500 a ticket :(
- that was fun while it lasted
I guess the 50K for a VIP table is too much? But you get lunch AND dinner for eight. And a photo.

Have not seen this article posted here, so I will post it.

It was a fabulous evening. I've been to dozens (scores?) of such dinners ... but this was the best ever. All the speakers, who included Coach K, Bob Costas, PJ Carlissimo, Dave Bing and Sean McDonough, were great.

Have not seen this article posted here, so I will post it.

It was a fabulous evening. I've been to dozens (scores?) of such dinners ... but this was the best ever. All the speakers, who included Coach K, Bob Costas, PJ Carlissimo, Dave Bing and Sean McDonough, were great.

Sounds great and quite a lineup. Since you have been involved with the program and Coach for so many years, I was curious if you have that one special piece of memorabilia that you cherish? Don’t mean to pry or be nosey.

Sounds great and quite a lineup. Since you have been involved with the program and Coach for so many years, I was curious if you have that one special piece of memorabilia that you cherish? Don’t mean to pry or be nosey.
I have a 2003 National Championship ring (with my name on it) that I wear as a pendant on a gold chain around my neck. (JB had rings made into pendants for his sister, wife, daughters and a few close friends).

Last edited:
I have a 2003 National Championship ring (with my name on it) that I wear as a pendant on a gold chain around my neck. (JB had rings made into pendants for his sister, wife, daughters and a few close friends).
That’s about as good as it gets. You deserve it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom