Jim Brown and cradling | Syracusefan.com

Jim Brown and cradling

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
The holding the ball against his chest is urban legend. I played at SU just before he came and believe me there was no such rule that allowed it. There were some different and interesting rules back then, but none, including using a thumb to secure the ball, were legal in terms of protecting the ball in the stick. The bottom line is if it were allowed we all would have done it. Even so, the rumor persists and I've have come to realize it will always be out there. It's a shame because he was a great player and needed no extra advantages.

Ok. I see it was a response from an earlier post.

The holding the ball against his chest is urban legend. I played at SU just before he came and believe me there was no such rule that allowed it. There were some different and interesting rules back then, but none, including using a thumb to secure the ball, were legal in terms of protecting the ball in the stick. The bottom line is if it were allowed we all would have done it. Even so, the rumor persists and I've have come to realize it will always be out there. It's a shame because he was a great player and needed no extra advantages.
I don't believe I have ever read or heard different about Big Jim Brown and his ability in lacrosseI think only Wilt Chamberlain influenced a game by limiting time in the paint Jim Brown was just flat out one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen.Offered contracts in baseball basketbal and boxing. I'm not 100% sure about Wilt either.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom