Jim Calhoun Back At Coaching And It's The Same As Ever

NYCorange

2nd String
So apparently yesterday JC made his debut at St. Joeseph's, a small DIII college in conn. Apparently first year they've ever been co-ed or had a BB program. Apparently, 51 seconds into the game he called timeout, benched his best player. Slammed a chair at the end of the first half, chewed out his team down by 11 at half. They came out, went on a 22-4 run behind tenacious on ball defense and won the game.

I love it. I can see Boeheim doing the same exact thing. Retiring in 5 years, coming back to coach a DIII school because he can't stay away and then coaching the exact same way he has always done at Syracuse with a stifling 2-3 zone. People criticize the hard-ass coaching style, but it works--these old dudes know what they're doing.

Brooky03

All American
Lots of ways to skin a cat. I couldn't see Jim retiring and coming back to coach Not Syracuse, though. Wouldn't we be talking about an 85 year-old JB, or something like that?

Last edited:

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I don’t know, I kinda feel bad for some of these guys who don’t know how to do anything else with themselves. I know a few long time, very successful high school coaches that are like that. They’re not the most well adjusted people. Kinda nutty, actually.

Top Bottom