Jim Calhoun retires from D-3 school... | Syracusefan.com

Jim Calhoun retires from D-3 school...

cto

Administrator
He'd been coaching D-3 St Joseph (Hartford) and apparently enjoying it... even though it was a far cry from UConn.

"You've got to know when it's time..."

He'd been coaching D-3 St Joseph (Hartford) and apparently enjoying it... even though it was a far cry from UConn.

Never liked the guy, but he was one of the very best coaches in his era.

Impressive what he did for this school, not to mention UConn. I’m sure many of the buildings and improved UConn campus are due to him (I visited before he was there and it was a pit). Never liked him and his attitude but gotta admit he’s one helluva coach, few were better.

BREAKING NEWS: Kevin Ollie hired as his replacement.

Good story! And his replacement has been around even longer. :p
Glenn_Miller_Billboard.jpg

I didn't like him in a rivalry way but I loved the style his teams played. Tough, physical, and appying pressure to the opponent on both ends of the floor. Watching his teams score in transition off of made baskets may have been the most frustrating thing I watched as an SU fan.

I didn't like him in a rivalry way but I loved the style his teams played. Tough, physical, and appying pressure to the opponent on both ends of the floor. Watching his teams score in transition off of made baskets may have been the most frustrating thing I watched as an SU fan.

His best teams played a really fun brand of basketball.

JB is the last man standing from a truly great generation of coaches.

he took a program that was nothing to the very top. he designed it. he directed it. and for that i say well done.