Jim new gig | Syracusefan.com

Jim new gig

CU44SE

All Conference
Question for the ones in the know. Was Jim there today and in a good mood because he got the position that he coveted in his press conference Wed? He talked about it Wed about other coaches getting positions and they haven’t had those conversations with him. And then today he talks about yesterday they had a 45 minute meeting where they hammered things out? Is that what it took to change his attitude?

Or was it just that he needed time? I still find it extremely bizarre that the announcement didn’t have one quote from Jim.

He said he’ll have his office down the hall that he’ll be in every day.

Doing what, who knows. Really hope it’s a fundraising role because I’m not sure what job he should have that he’s there every day.

I would think that, mint tulips in hand, Julie would causally mention to Wildhack and Syverud that her expectation was that Jim would have an office at SU and that he would go to it most days; and if that wasn't the case, then she would have a problem and that problem would become theirs.

Last edited:
As long as the office does not have a view of the Melo Center basketball courts. Would be just a tad… uncomfortable… if Jim is allowed to watch from the office windows.

He’ll be teaching journalism and press conference etiquette at Newhouse

Senior thesis professor for Daily Orange students.

ezgif-2-427cfc053c.gif

Last edited:
Fund raising for athletics.

I think he can also teach a course or two. May be something like Sportsmanship 101 or History of Basketball or The Art of Basketball Defense. These are all fairly basic courses and more importantly ANY students can take and pass easily.

I think he can also teach a course or two. May be something like Sportsmanship 101 or History of Basketball or The Art of Basketball Defense. These are all fairly basic courses and more importantly ANY students can take and pass easily.
Any student over 6’.

The Art of Basketball Defense.
There’s no such course. Or at least that’s what I wish they offered at my school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom