Jimmy B. - The Player! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy B. - The Player!

Both JB boys grew up through some of the most exciting basketball games I've ever seen. I have to believe living through so much excitement has to be extremely motivational to participate in the same experiences with their father.

I didn’t hear it from the horses mouth so I can’t confirm it but I had heard the assistants at some point had to do a little convincing of JB that Buddy could play at this level.
Supposedly Mark Few called and told JB that if he didn’t take him that Gonzaga definitely would.

It was Roy Williams that told JB that if JB wasn't going to recruit Buddy that he was at Carolina.

JB said that conversation helped convince him that Buddy could be an ACC level player.
Thanks

Jimmy has been great. His odd timed releases have a good chance of being effective against better athletes.

Those right handed 10 foot half hooks are straight outta Hoosiers.
1637030812254.jpeg

Ooops. Wrong Jimmy.

The thing that has impressed me the most is how seamlessly Jimmy has blended in while at the same time not being afraid to make his presence be known on the court. Calling for the ball and not shying away from the spotlight. Buddy’s the star and this is his team but he’s just his little brother in his mind. He’s been the man and is ok in this new Robin role. He’s grown up watching the best and worst of Syracuse basketball. He knows exactly what is expected and doesn’t look to be intimidated by anyone. The other players seem to look up to him and so far he seems to have a knack for making the right plays at the right time. The team hoops IQ is already light years ahead of last year. A halftime adjustment was made and executed. JB has to have a level of easiness he hasn’t had in years. I know it’s early but maybe he’s trying to appreciate how special this is as a father and is just trying to enjoy the ride. This is the stuff of movies. I’ve got my popcorn ready and am praying for a Hollywood ending.

The thing that has impressed me the most is how seamlessly Jimmy has blended in while at the same time not being afraid to make his presence be known on the court. Calling for the ball and not shying away from the spotlight. Buddy’s the star and this is his team but he’s just his little brother in his mind. He’s been the man and is ok in this new Robin role. He’s grown up watching the best and worst of Syracuse basketball. He knows exactly what is expected and doesn’t look to be intimidated by anyone. The other players seem to look up to him and so far he seems to have a knack for making the right plays at the right time. The team hoops IQ is already light years ahead of last year. A halftime adjustment was made and executed. JB has to have a level of easiness he hasn’t had in years. I know it’s early but maybe he’s trying to appreciate how special this is as a father and is just trying to enjoy the ride. This is the stuff of movies. I’ve got my popcorn ready and am praying for a Hollywood ending.
This is a great post! And it IS a great storyline. I am sure every Boeheim is soaking this up and living in the present moment. Although JB is still the fierce coach, a part of him must occasionally observe from afar and think, “Wow! Would you look at that!”

I remember the feeling for many of us last year when Kadary entered the game and it just felt like he impacted the game different... I get that same sense/feeling with JBIII...He is very skilled and opens up a lot offensively... TBH JBIII gives me the same type of sense that AO did in 2010, where he just could always finish down low...Now AO was bigger but did not play above the rim... He was just solid in the post and had good footwork and finished with angles...JBIII is like that...Plus he adds the perimiter element... To me he has a little bit of Kevin Love to his game.
Jimmy is more physical and gets to the hoop better than I anticipated.

So far, for me, he’s a real surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom