Jimmy Boeheim on speculation about Syracuse, his expanded role at Cornell, the life he’s built in Ithaca | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim on speculation about Syracuse, his expanded role at Cornell, the life he’s built in Ithaca

That speculation is ridiculous why would he want to sit and watch his brother play 35+ minutes a game. He'd have come here as a walk on if he didn't want to play basketball.

2 years as the guy on a team with a shot at the dance is way better. Its a good time to play at an Ivy they have a conference tournament now vs regular season winner getting the bid and Yale and Harvard aren't as good as they've been recently.

Only 2 more games vs Cupcakes before our 5 game stretch against major conference opponents I hope we play well. We also need to see if we have anything in Goodine/Washington/Carey its looking like Buddy and Girard might be playing 40/night if none of the 3 can step up and claim a role. The next guard to see meaningful minutes not as a result of foul trouble/injury could be Kadary Richmond.

The theory that he might come as a grad transfer is plausible, until you hear JB's quotes about loyalty. I'm not sure there is any one personal characteristic more engrained in JB than loyalty. If JB considers Jimmy staying at Cornell an important showing of loyalty by Jimmy to that school, program and coaching staff, I can't imagine any situation where Jimmy would be transferring to SU for his final year of eligibility.

The theory that he might come as a grad transfer is plausible, until you hear JB's quotes about loyalty. I'm not sure there is any one personal characteristic more engrained in JB than loyalty. If JB considers Jimmy staying at Cornell an important showing of loyalty by Jimmy to that school, program and coaching staff, I can't imagine any situation where Jimmy would be transferring to SU for his final year of eligibility.

No doubt loyalty is in JB's DNA... loyalty to the zone, loyalty to a 7 man rotation, loyalty to recruiting offensively challenged bean poles at the 5 spot...etc. ;):)

Last edited:
I don't think he'd sit if he transferred to Cuse. It seems like he's Cornell's best player judging solely on box scores. Who knows, he might be a better player than Buddy. It wouldn't make sense to transfer anyway imo, Cornell is a better school, and not everyone wants to play for their dad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom