Jimmy Boeheim the third? | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim the third?

RF2044

Living Legend
I might have this wrong [was watching the game streaming on a laptop], but did he have "Boeheim III" on the back of his jersey?

Reason I'm asking is that on the forum, we've referred to him for years as "Jimmy Jr." Is he really Jimmy the third?

Or -- and this seems like it is extremely unlikely -- is it a colloquial reference to him being the third Boeheim on the team? That wouldn't make much sense to me, to list it out on a jersey for that reason.

Even more likely -- it was a II, and I just saw it wrong on a small screen.

Any insight?

I might have this wrong [was watching the game streaming on a laptop], but did he have "Boeheim III" on the back of his jersey?

Reason I'm asking is that on the forum, we've referred to him for years as "Jimmy Jr." Is he really Jimmy the third?

Or -- and this seems like it is extremely unlikely -- is it a colloquial reference to him being the third Boeheim on the team? That wouldn't make much sense to me, to list it out on a jersey for that reason.

Even more likely -- it was a II, and I just saw it wrong on a small screen.

Any insight?

According to Wikipedia JB's dad is also James so Jimmy is indeed the III

Something that I just learned today:. not only do we have a JGIII, but we also have a JBIII.

Looking forward to the ACCN adding two new players to the roster. Everyone welcome Joe Boeheim the third and Jimmy Girard the third.

Interesting...I don't think the sign entering Lyons, NY has James B II on it or anything related to him being a junior. I also knew the woman (rest in peace) who helped raise him in Lyons and she never mentioned that to me.

Learn something new everyday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom