Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet he’ll graduate from Cornell, then grad transfer here. We could lose both Marek and Quincy after this year opening up playing time to Jimmy

Makes sense. Ivy not playing. Graduates in spring. Plays final year at su. Figure he may come as a walk on. He gets free tuition with JB.

Yes. Reminds me of Leo Rautins now that he's full grown man.

I believe some of the plugged in guys said he would likely transfer but not to here. I'll take that stance for now even if I personally wouldn't mind having him on the squad. Physically mature, and I dont remember him having a hard time at all scoring almost at will against us last time(?) We played.

I believe some of the plugged in guys said he would likely transfer but not to here. I'll take that stance for now even if I personally wouldn't mind having him on the squad. Physically mature, and I dont remember him having a hard time at all scoring almost at will against us last time(?) We played.
He was the 5th leading scorer in the Ivy 19-20. Probably would have challenged for the title this year. That's pretty good.

I don’t see the downsides to at least have him for practice sakes. It gives them a certified scorer to stop in practice

At best he would be the second forward off the bench, at worst he would be the fourth or fifth.

If he’s cool with that and we have scholarship room, sure.

He didn't think Jimmy was SU calibre coming out of HS but after 3 years at Cornell that assessment might change depending on SU's stable of forwards...

So will Jimmy Boeheim have one or two extra years of eligibility. One for siting out and one as an add-on to the NCAA ruling for a 5th year? Probably just 1 year. ???

Jimmy wants to go into finance after his basketball career is over. There’s options if he wants to pursue that path academically.

If he wants to play a lot, maybe a school like GW-level in terms of basketball/MBA program makes sense. If he wants to get the best bang for his buck, maybe Northwestern, Vandy or even Stanford could work if they’re open for his business.

Bet he’ll graduate from Cornell, then grad transfer here. We could lose both Marek and Quincy after this year opening up playing time to Jimmy
bobby, woody & benny all say:
giphy.gif

I hope he ends up playing for his Dad.

Maybe he'll go to Gonzaga or Villanova and help them win a championship so we'll have to live with that for all time.

Funny, immediate thought was Gonzaga as well.

Jimmy is an outstanding student, and I'm sure he would want to go to a school with a good MBA program. Many of them are Ivy League schools (Harvard, Columbia, etc) which, I gather, do not take grad transfer players, and many others do not have D-1 basketball (e.g. NYU, MIT, Chicago). Looking at this list of US News' top B-Schools, there are many intriguing possibilities, including several in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom