Class of 2016 - Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell

I think it's highly likely he becomes a walk on, unless he actually wants to get PT, in which case he probably ends up an impact player at a D3 school.

6-foot-5, 185

11.0 PPG, 34 made three pointers

Scored double digits in 13 of last 17 games, has made at least one three in all but 5 games this year.

Last edited:
Do dependents of SU employees receive free tuition?
I believe so, yes. I know that, for instance, my son could go to the college I work at for free.

anomander said:
JB jr becomes 4 yr walk-on, then accepts a GA position under Hopkins, slides over to full-time assistant on the SU staff, pays his dues, and inherits the throne in 2036.

Ironic how the NCAA could indirectly prompt that succession planning through the potential scholarship reductions. Maybe this will make them change their minds in the appeals process, haha

Too bad Red's kid is a Senior this year. Maybe he could take a year off to visit Europe? ;)

Jack Boeheim is Class of 18. He's supposed to be better than Jimmy.

If James came to SU on scholarship, would the NCAA even allow him to accept free meals at home or rides with dad?
"The head men's basketball coach was found to have provided thousands of dollar worth of clothing, food, and health benefits over years leading up to the student-athlete accepting an agreement of financial aid."

I believe so, yes. I know that, for instance, my son could go to the college I work at for free.
I put both of my kids through college this way, but every school is different.
Actually, I believe SU is a member of the tuition exchange program, so dependents of employees from other institutions could go there as well (but might be required to pay a tuition differential).

I put both of my kids through college this way, but every school is different.
Actually, I believe SU is a member of the tuition exchange program, so dependents of employees from other institutions could go there as well (but might be required to pay a tuition differential).
I'm holding out hope that SU is a member of the tuition exchange program. My school is as well, so if I stay here 20 more years I'm hoping I can put my son college at SU at a very, very, very steep discount.

"The head men's basketball coach was found to have provided thousands of dollar worth of clothing, food, and health benefits over years leading up to the student-athlete accepting an agreement of financial aid."
And once bought the student-athlete a fishing license.

jekelish said:
I think it's highly likely he becomes a walk on, unless he actually wants to get PT, in which case he probably ends up an impact player at a D3 school. 6-foot-5, 185 11.0 PPG, 34 made three pointers Scored double digits in 13 of last 17 games, has made at least one three in all but 5 games this year.

Depends on if he wants to play in college. He could stay local and play at LeMoyne. Too slow footed and not athletic enough to be a D1 player but as a walk on why not.

OrangeXtreme said:
Too bad Red's kid is a Senior this year. Maybe he could take a year off to visit Europe? ;) Jack Boeheim is Class of 18. He's supposed to be better than Jimmy.

I haven't seen jack play this year but I used to see them both a lot. He's got a chance to be better than jimmy. Little better athlete and tougher. Jimmy probably has the better skills.

jekelish said:
I'm holding out hope that SU is a member of the tuition exchange program. My school is as well, so if I stay here 20 more years I'm hoping I can put my son college at SU at a very, very, very steep discount.

SU is part of tuition exchange.

Depends on if he wants to play in college. He could stay local and play at LeMoyne. Too slow footed and not athletic enough to be a D1 player but as a walk on why not.

Let's give the guys at LeMoyne a little more credit. He would not be able to play there. He would be a nice role player and eventually impact player in division 3. That's not an insult at all either because a lot of really good players play division 3.

And before anyone asks, yes I've seen him play. I've coached against him a few times.

JB jr becomes 4 yr walk-on, then accepts a GA position under Hopkins, slides over to full-time assistant on the SU staff, pays his dues, and inherits the throne in 2036.
It's like the Bush and Clinton families. Let me guess, Hopkins' kid is JBjr's's head coach in waiting?

If James came to SU on scholarship, would the NCAA even allow him to accept free meals at home or rides with dad?
But none of this stuff.
th

Let's give the guys at LeMoyne a little more credit. He would not be able to play there. He would be a nice role player and eventually impact player in division 3. That's not an insult at all either because a lot of really good players play division 3.

And before anyone asks, yes I've seen him play. I've coached against him a few times.
Yeah, a walk-on at the D1 level is, in most cases, someone who would be a fringe All-Conference player at D3. I've played with D1 players, and with D3 players, and with walk-ons, and now I work in D3 and see some excellent players at this level. Being a very good D3 player is harder than people think. There are some serious ballers in D3.

jekelish said:
Yeah, a walk-on at the D1 level is, in most cases, someone who would be a fringe All-Conference player at D3. I've played with D1 players, and with D3 players, and with walk-ons, and now I work in D3 and see some excellent players at this level. Being a very good D3 player is harder than people think. There are some serious ballers in D3.

As a former D3 player I'd like to think most are better then your average walk-on. I played with a D3 All-American who went on to play professionally in Europe for a bit.

I also think D3 ball in Syracuse is a lot better in this area. Other then St. Rose, and Lemoyne, they're aren't as many D2 programs around in comparison to the rest of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom