jimmy boeheim

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
i didnt follow jimmy and buddy in hs. was there any talk of him going to SU? or was he just not good enough? or just didnt want to? buddy was a higher rated hs player i assume?

FRANKIEFAN

All American
I think he was a little too good to be a walk on but not good enough for a scholarship. Hence ending up at an Ivy.

Shame he didn't forsee the cancelled season and transfer somewhere he could have played this year.

Buddy being better than his older brother sort of made the recruitment on our end easier. And even though he struggled his first couple months as a freshman the team desperately needed outside shooting so the usage made sense when guys like Carey couldn't go 2 mins without turning it over.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 8 years in a row
I think he was a little too good to be a walk on but not good enough for a scholarship. Hence ending up at an Ivy.

Shame he didn't forsee the cancelled season and transfer somewhere he could have played this year.

Buddy being better than his older brother sort of made the recruitment on our end easier. And even though he struggled his first couple months as a freshman the team desperately needed outside shooting so the usage made sense when guys like Carey couldn't go 2 mins without turning it over.
CTO has explained it previously. IIRC, he was about the education. I don’t think he would entertain the idea of transferring until he graduates.

dasher

Living Legend

He has two years to play still. Transferring this year and he would have just one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom