jimmy boeheim | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
i didnt follow jimmy and buddy in hs. was there any talk of him going to SU? or was he just not good enough? or just didnt want to? buddy was a higher rated hs player i assume?

I think he was a little too good to be a walk on but not good enough for a scholarship. Hence ending up at an Ivy.

Shame he didn't forsee the cancelled season and transfer somewhere he could have played this year.

Buddy being better than his older brother sort of made the recruitment on our end easier. And even though he struggled his first couple months as a freshman the team desperately needed outside shooting so the usage made sense when guys like Carey couldn't go 2 mins without turning it over.

I think he was a little too good to be a walk on but not good enough for a scholarship. Hence ending up at an Ivy.

Shame he didn't forsee the cancelled season and transfer somewhere he could have played this year.

Buddy being better than his older brother sort of made the recruitment on our end easier. And even though he struggled his first couple months as a freshman the team desperately needed outside shooting so the usage made sense when guys like Carey couldn't go 2 mins without turning it over.
CTO has explained it previously. IIRC, he was about the education. I don’t think he would entertain the idea of transferring until he graduates.

He has two years to play still. Transferring this year and he would have just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom