Class of 2016 - Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell

If Boeheim continues to improve, is there any chance at all that he maybe possibly could earn a scholarship to play at SU?
Doesn't even need one if JB is still the coach. He comes to SU for free as a kid of an employee, or at a very discounted rate.

Doesn't even need one if JB is still the coach. He comes to SU for free as a kid of an employee, or at a very discounted rate.
He can always walk0on and compete with the big boys. Jimmy's way of thinking. If he can compete give him the scholarship like Jimmy can't afford the tuition.

I really doubt we'll ever have 13 recruits on a team, so if he ever winds up at SU, just give him a scholarship, from all reports he's a great student and would solidify the APR score.

I really doubt we'll ever have 13 recruits on a team, so if he ever winds up at SU, just give him a scholarship, from all reports he's a great student and would solidify the APR score.
we will be short of scholarships for the next few years. JB's kids will not have to pay tuition whether jb is working at Syracuse or not. Once you have worked at the University for 25 years, your kids are set.

we will be short of scholarships for the next few years. JB's kids will not have to pay tuition whether jb is working at Syracuse or not. Once you have worked at the University for 25 years, your kids are set.
Good point on the university employee tuition rule. We get full scholarships after the 2017-2018 season, right? If JB Jr. is going to prep school, after 1 year we'd be back to full 13 schollies.

Numerous scouts have been reporting a bunch of good stuff about the play of Jimmy Jr today so far at an AAU tourney in Jersey, with JB in attendance as well. Hameir Wright, Malik Zachery, Mika Adams-Woods, and Joe Girard are the other notable teammates playing with Jimmy Jr and Buddy this weekend on the Albany City Rocks squads.

I have no problem with that.Whatkind of player is he? I would presume at least a very smart kind of talent in how to play the game.

This is one way that JB can have a third coach on the recruiting trail this summer. He can always follow Jimmy around and still be visible to other recruits. He's lucky his son can play a little.
Should JB want to try and bring Jimmy aboard, he better be ready to deal with a true stubborn SOB of a father with that kid. ;)

It would be such a great story if JB Jr took his prep year and then came to SU to play for his father for his 'final' season in '17-18.

As a 6'6" kid that can shoot and score the ball, I'm guessing he's not very quick or athletic. Otherwise, he should be getting at least lower level offers. I hope he has a great prep year and comes to SU with the potential to become a Marius Janulis type. I'd love to have a Boeheim on the team for another 5 years. I'm guessing the kid might want to play over sitting on the bench for much of his career, but he grew up on the Carrier Dome floor. It would be such a great thing to see him put on the SU jersey.

It would be such a great story if JB Jr took his prep year and then came to SU to play for his father for his 'final' season in '17-18.

As a 6'6" kid that can shoot and score the ball, I'm guessing he's not very quick or athletic. Otherwise, he should be getting at least lower level offers. I hope he has a great prep year and comes to SU with the potential to become a Marius Janulis type. I'd love to have a Boeheim on the team for another 5 years. I'm guessing the kid might want to play over sitting on the bench for much of his career, but he grew up on the Carrier Dome floor. It would be such a great thing to see him put on the SU jersey.

Not saying he will necessarily play here, but the younger Boeheim kid (Buddy) has more potential than Jimmy IMO. Pretty sure he is also on the 16 year old City Rock team.

As a 6'6" kid that can shoot and score the ball, I'm guessing he's not very quick or athletic.

The describes someone I played against in High School pretty perfectly: Wally Szczerbiak. I've never seen Jimmy play but Wally wasn't quick or athletic, was a 6'6 deadly accurate shooting guard and played at a high school known for scholars and not sports. He got lower level interest after his Jr year and committed to Miami of Ohio and stayed committed his Sr year because he really liked Herb Sendek. My point is that if JBII were Div 1 material, playing on a HS team known to turn out D-1 kids, he'd have a look or two by now. That being said, I'm rooting for the kid to get a scholarship to a D1 school and if that doesn't work out and he wants to walk-on, that'd be great too. As far as I'm concerned, whatever is in the best interest of the kid is what the focus should be. Maybe he'll wanna go be a main contributor on a D-3 team like Ithaca; that seems to be working out for Wolf Shafer.

http://www.syracuse.com/sports/inde...cny_boys_basketball_team_large_schools.html#4

20097256-standard.jpg

5 things we learned at Peach Jam: Top players and scouting Jim Boeheim's son (CBS)

Jim Boeheim's son looks like a Division I player

Sometimes, on the summer circuit, you end up in a gym for one reason or another and stumble into prospects you otherwise would not have seen. That happened to me Thursday. I was on Court 2 early -- only because Ayton and Bagley were scheduled to play the third game of the afternoon session there, and I wanted to ensure I had a seat for that showdown. As a result, I ended up watching the Albany City Rocks vs. the St. Louis Eagles, which allowed me to see two players I'd never before seen. One was Darius Garland, a 6-0 point guard from Brentwood, Tenn., whom 247Sports ranks 12th in the Class of 2018. He's little, obviously. But, man, he's really, really good. I could easily see him doing for an SEC program, perhaps hometown Vanderbilt, what Tyler Ulis did for Kentucky. And the other interesting prospect I saw in that game was ... Jimmy Boeheim! The oldest son of Syracuse's Hall of Fame coach isn't heralded like most of the prospects I focused on at Peach Jam. But one high-major assistant told me the 6-6 guard should be good enough, after a year of prep school, to play at the Patriot League level -- assuming, of course, Boeheim doesn't enroll at Syracuse to play for his father.

OrangeXtreme said:

He must be really good, he out scored Nick Comenale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom