Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

and they have the Rutgers MB(???) accompany U2 atop the GE building with the Empire State building with blue on top, white in the middle and what probably was red on bottom in the background.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting OE. All intentions of watching it but fell asleep sometime during the news :(

Thanks for posting OE. All intentions of watching it but fell asleep sometime during the news :(
I DVR'd it the show is very good and Jimmy is very likable. He is from Saugerties and attended St Rose.

Biggest winner: Jimmy Kimmel. Most stars live in Los Angeles and with Fallon and Letterman in NYC with Myers, Colbert and Stewart. Kimmel will get the A listers in So. California without the inconvenience of flying across the country makes Kimmel the winner. I am young and will never watch Fallon he is a annoying guy who has been forced down our throats by Lorne Michaels machine. Michaels is behind Fallon, Myers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and they are all terrible. Fallon is going to get chance after chance that Conan O'Brien never got. The fact they changed the name to The Tonight Show STARRING Jimmy Fallon is all I need to know to realize the guy has big allies. The Red Sox movie he made with Drew Barrymore is easily the worst movie ever made. NYC doesn't need the Tonight Show with Letterman, and all those other guys.

Biggest winner: Jimmy Kimmel. Most stars live in Los Angeles and with Fallon and Letterman in NYC with Myers, Colbert and Stewart. Kimmel will get the A listers in So. California without the inconvenience of flying across the country.

1. They have airplanes to take care of that. Big airplanes, with first-class cabins and complimentary drinks.

2. Stars flying to NYC to hype their movies/TV shows/albums are pretty commonplace. Nobody's going to turn down a shot on Fallon because they have to get on a plane. It's business as usual.

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine just won the Golden Globe for Best Comedy and Andy Samberg won one for Best Actor.

Biggest winner: Jimmy Kimmel. Most stars live in Los Angeles and with Fallon and Letterman in NYC with Myers, Colbert and Stewart. Kimmel will get the A listers in So. California without the inconvenience of flying across the country makes Kimmel the winner. I am young and will never watch Fallon he is a annoying guy who has been forced down our throats by Lorne Michaels machine. Michaels is behind Fallon, Myers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and they are all terrible. Fallon is going to get chance after chance that Conan O'Brien never got. The fact they changed the name to The Tonight Show STARRING Jimmy Fallon is all I need to know to realize the guy has big allies. The Red Sox movie he made with Drew Barrymore is easily the worst movie ever made. NYC doesn't need the Tonight Show with Letterman, and all those other guys.
Fallon annoying? Ok. Those music skits he does are top notch. While I have to agree that movie was horrible with a capital H he's going to be a HUGE success. Likable is an understatement and combine that with talent and the younger demographic he already has an "in" with along with the experience he already has with the talk show format, and it's a no brainer he'll do well.

The acerbic cynical cynics will say all of that will result in the opposite but they'll be wrong.

Fallon annoying? Ok. Those music skits he does are top notch. He's going to be a HUGE success. Likable is an understatement and combine that with talent and the younger demographic he already has an "in" with and it's a no brainer he'll do well.
The acerbic cynical cynics will say all of that will result in the opposite but they'll be wrong.
The history of Hip Hop Dance he did with Will Smith was great.

agree with frozen, but ive never seen b-9-9.

we will see about kimmel being the winner, ive been watching him for a while as ive turned away from letterman and have always hated leno. i see him and fallon doing what the old guard did for 20 years as cbs tries to find a way to send letterman out to pasture as the ratings drop. (watch him hit #1 for 5 years)

it was a good 1st show which i will grade a solid B+ (without adding U2, which was off the wall awesome and gives it an A) based on the monologe, the bits and the fresh prince...but i can see where it will be an A on most nights as he finds his 11:30 groove and the weight of the 'Tonight Show' starts to lessen.

1. They have airplanes to take care of that. Big airplanes, with first-class cabins and complimentary drinks.

2. Stars flying to NYC to hype their movies/TV shows/albums are pretty commonplace. Nobody's going to turn down a shot on Fallon because they have to get on a plane. It's business as usual.

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine just won the Golden Globe for Best Comedy and Andy Samberg won one for Best Actor.
First off don't give me number 3. The Golden Globes are on NBC and Lorne Michaels schmoozes the hell out of the foreign press. How a show with only 12 episodes won best comedy shows how much of a joke the freaking voting is. The fact Sanberg and co. won and his reaction was laughable. Read any TV critics reaction. I loved Andy Greenwald's reaction and he is part of the media that liked the show and thinks Brooklyn Nine-Nine winning was a joke. Also, their TV ratings are terrible so I guess its much more popular by the foreign press which vote on the Golden Globes which are on Lorne Michaels controlled NBC.

To parts 1 and 2 yeah stars fly into the NYC for interviews, but a lot more stars live in LA than NYC and its a lot easier to do Kimmel in LA than fly into NYC and have to choose between Letterman or Fallon. The NYC market is going to be oversaturated with shows while Kimmel will own the better LA market. Fallon will get good guests, but it won't be like Kimmel in LA.

Kimmel is more popular with people under 30 than Fallon is. People my age see Fallon as a stooge who does whatever NBC/Lorne Michaels wants and can be molded. Kimmel's Jay Leno episode 4 years ago is something Fallon would never attempt to do because he will never rock the boat, but rely on the star power to carry him. Fallon has 15 writers already just for MONOLOGUE and another set of writers for sketches which is hilarious. Kimmel is by far funnier.

If Fallon can show us those funny football follies then he'll have me. Seriously though Carson had me when he did that when we didn't have ESPN and the NFL Network that shows us everything.

I enjoy Fallon and Kimmel. It's win win for me.

Alsacs said:

I'm old and I love Fallon. A great talent.

I'm surprised at how well Fallon does at hosting. I never liked him on SNL because he cracked up in nearly every sketch. When he left SNL he made a terrible movie with Queen Latifah that killed his movie career before it started. He really found his niche as a talk show host.

First off don't give me number 3. The Golden Globes are on NBC and Lorne Michaels schmoozes the hell out of the foreign press. How a show with only 12 episodes won best comedy shows how much of a joke the freaking voting is. The fact Sanberg and co. won and his reaction was laughable. Read any TV critics reaction. I loved Andy Greenwald's reaction and he is part of the media that liked the show and thinks Brooklyn Nine-Nine winning was a joke. Also, their TV ratings are terrible so I guess its much more popular by the foreign press which vote on the Golden Globes which are on Lorne Michaels controlled NBC.

To parts 1 and 2 yeah stars fly into the NYC for interviews, but a lot more stars live in LA than NYC and its a lot easier to do Kimmel in LA than fly into NYC and have to choose between Letterman or Fallon. The NYC market is going to be oversaturated with shows while Kimmel will own the better LA market. Fallon will get good guests, but it won't be like Kimmel in LA.
Why does what happen on NBC have an effect on a non ABC show winning the golden globes?

Why does what happen on NBC have an effect on a non ABC show winning the golden globes?
Hell Lorne Michaels production company produces Brooklyn-Nine-Nine. Michaels is an Executive Producer of the show. NBC Entertainment has had change in leadership recently(last year) because they passed on shows like New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine that FOX decided to pickup because NBC didn't like the scripts. Lorne Michaels has a financial reason for wanting Brooklyn Nine-Nine to succeed so it can last long enough to get into syndication where big bucks can be made. Why do you think shows like 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation continued/continue as long as they have when their ratings are so bad on NBC about 3 million viewers(that is insanely bad and why NBC has fallen to 5th in total viewers behind Univision)for each show that some local NBC affiliates decided to show reruns of Matlock in Cleveland, Ohio and other markes last year than showing Parks and Rec and 1600 Penn. I have a close friend who works at NBC Entertainment in LA and he tells the chitshows going on there. If NBC didn't SNF with the NFL which is the top rated prime time show NBC would probably be permanent 5th for the forseeable future. However, the NFL allows them to be 4th in the fall. Right now CBS is first, ABC is second, Fox is third, NBC is fourth(during football season), Univision is 5th but beats NBC a lot of times.

Lorne Michaels OWNS the Golden Globes its why they are on NBC each year. He schoozes the hell out of the foreign press. He lobbies them with gifts, lavish treatment, and because the awards honestly aren't on the same level as the Emmys and Oscars he can push awards where he wants them. NBC wishes they didn't pass on Brooklyn Nine-Nine because while there ratings SUCK they are better than Parks and Rec, Community, Sean Saves the World(already cancelled after the year), Michael J. Fox show(already cancelled after this year).

Kimmel is more popular with people under 30 than Fallon is. People my age see Fallon as a stooge who does whatever NBC/Lorne Michaels wants and can be molded. .

Sorry, but I highly doubt most people under 30 see Fallon as a NBC stooge, mostly because they could care less and don't have a big hard on for these type of things.

Hell Lorne Michaels production company produces Brooklyn-Nine-Nine. Michaels is an Executive Producer of the show. NBC Entertainment has had change in leadership recently(last year) because they passed on shows like New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine that FOX decided to pickup because NBC didn't like the scripts. Lorne Michaels has a financial reason for wanting Brooklyn Nine-Nine to succeed so it can last long enough to get into syndication where big bucks can be made. Why do you think shows like 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation continued/continue as long as they have when their ratings are so bad on NBC about 3 million viewers(that is insanely bad and why NBC has fallen to 5th in total viewers behind Univision)for each show that some local NBC affiliates decided to show reruns of Matlock in Cleveland, Ohio and other markes last year than showing Parks and Rec and 1600 Penn. I have a close friend who works at NBC Entertainment in LA and he tells the chitshows going on there. If NBC didn't SNF with the NFL which is the top rated prime time show NBC would probably be permanent 5th for the forseeable future. However, the NFL allows them to be 4th in the fall. Right now CBS is first, ABC is second, Fox is third, NBC is fourth(during football season), Univision is 5th but beats NBC a lot of times.

Lorne Michaels OWNS the Golden Globes its why they are on NBC each year. He schoozes the hell out of the foreign press. He lobbies them with gifts, lavish treatment, and because the awards honestly aren't on the same level as the Emmys and Oscars he can push awards where he wants them. NBC wishes they didn't pass on Brooklyn Nine-Nine because while there ratings SUCK they are better than Parks and Rec, Community, Sean Saves the World(already cancelled after the year), Michael J. Fox show(already cancelled after this year).
WARNING: Everything said by Alsacs is the express opinion of Alsacs and not a fact or reflect the views of anyone else on SyracuseFan. Read at your risk. lol

Sorry, but I highly doubt most people under 30 see Fallon as a NBC stooge, mostly because they could care less and don't have a big hard on for these type of things.
I can tell you I have contacts in LA and most of younger friends feel this way about Fallon. Also, middle America which is why Leno had better ratings than Letterman are going to be the deciders of Fallon's fate. Even though NBC will give this guy EVERYTHING to make him succeed unlike Conan O'Brien.

WARNING: Everything said by Alsacs is the express opinion of Alsacs and not a fact or reflect the views of anyone else on SyracuseFan. Read at your risk. lol
I will say if you check most of what I said its factual. However, I won't hide my obvious dislike of Fallon and my like of Kimmel. Fallon just oozes corporate stooge if you know the facts. NBC is protecting this guy like he is a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning when I think he is a Philip Rivers type entertainer. Not elite, but not terrible.

I will say if you check most of what I said its factual. However, I won't hide my obvious dislike of Fallon and my like of Kimmel. Fallon just oozes corporate stooge if you know the facts. NBC is protecting this guy like he is a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning when I think he is a Philip Rivers type entertainer. Not elite, but not terrible.
No harm meant just got a kick out of the self deprecation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom