Jimmy Jackson | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Jackson

mikemorg

Walk On
Obviously a very minor thing after the loss last night but...

Did anyone catch when Jimmy Jackson said that his only visits when he was in HS where to Ohio St and SU, where DC was his host, and that he and Kenny Anderson were “supposed to go to Syracuse” but then Kenny went to Georgia Tech and Jackson implied that pushed him to Ohio State.
Could you imagine if that had happened? Our 89-90 team would have been ridiculous. My freshman year.

DC
Billy
Stevie
LeRon Ellis
Kenny Anderson
Jimmy Jackson
Dave Johnson

Wow.

Did anyone catch when Jimmy Jackson said that his only visits when he was in HS where to Ohio St and SU, where DC was his host, and that he and Kenny Anderson were “supposed to go to Syracuse” but then Kenny went to Georgia Tech and Jackson implied that pushed him to Ohio State.
Could you imagine if that had happened? Our 89-90 team would have been ridiculous. My freshman year.

DC
Billy
Stevie
LeRon Ellis
Kenny Anderson
Jimmy Jackson
Dave Johnson

Wow.
I remember well. The whole dynamic of SU BB would have been forever changed.

We were also supposed to get Marcus Liberty, right up to the end.

I doubt Jim Jackson doesn’t go to Ohio State even if Bobby Cremins doesn’t cheat and flip Anderson.

Jackson was giving us props though.

Just like Jalen Rose said if Chris Webber went to Duke instead of Michigan and we didn’t get probation he was a Syracuse lean because of Derrick Coleman.

DC
Billy
Stevie
LeRon Ellis
Kenny Anderson
Jimmy Jackson
Dave Johnson

Wow.
My freshman year as well. What dorm were you in, Mike? I was in Day Hall and the following year lived in Sig Ep house.

caught that. interesting. also heard lavar arrington this am giving some shout outs to his peeps DC and Lawrence Moten . sounds like the watch party went well.

I'll never forget watching Kenny Anderson score 50 easy points in an Empire State game - if he comes to Syracuse we win the National Championship - the only thing we lacked on that team was a PG - it would have been glorious...

My freshman year as well. What dorm were you in, Mike? I was in Day Hall and the following year lived in Sig Ep house.
Flint as a frosh, then Watson. Great times

I doubt Jim Jackson doesn’t go to Ohio State even if Bobby Cremins doesn’t cheat and flip Anderson.

Jackson was giving us props though.

Just like Jalen Rose said if Chris Webber went to Duke instead of Michigan and we didn’t get probation he was a Syracuse lean because of Derrick Coleman.

Jalen Rose at one time was a near lock to go to Syracuse.

If the scenario goes down that way and we get Anderson/Jackson chances are we don't get Hopkins who came in that year and redshirted. Think about how much that would have changed the names on the back of the jerseys (the front has always been the same and that who I root for) . Like JB has said he don't worry about who's not here only the one who are. So think about this in the next few weeks when the comings and goings start and we all start freaking out.

i remember when syracuse brought the team north to the tiny JCC gym for an intra squad scrimmage billy owens frosh season. i remember watching the game and thinking who's the pg ? stevie ?

So many memories of those steps leading up to Day Hall drunker than a skunk. Sometimes we took the stairs, sometimes we took the roof, and one time I had to hitch a ride to the top because my feet stopped working.

A few months ago I was listening to a podcast with Steve Nash that was going through his basketball career. When he was talking about his recruiting, I will paraphrase what he said, "I sent my tapes everywhere. Obviously, I wanted the attention from the top national powers... schools like Duke and Syracuse".

Not in any way blaming Syracuse for not going after Nash. But more a comment on how Nash felt at the time Syracuse was one of the 3 or 4 biggest schools in the country. A different time.

That being said we had a heck of a run in 2009-2014 as well.

I was literally in junior high but even then remembered Kenny Anderson being a "lock" for Syracuse and the surprise when all of a sudden it was Ga Tech -- almost seemed like it was out the blue. Had the same feeling with Marbury 5-6 years later -- lost to the same school.

The recruiting we had mid/late 80s to probation was absolutely insane.

I always figured Dennis Hopson had a lot to do with Jackson going to OSU. He played in the Toledo city league from 80 to 83 and then went to OSU where he became first team all Big 10 and , I think, player of the year his senior year. Had to have been an influence on JJ.

If the scenario goes down that way and we get Anderson/Jackson chances are we don't get Hopkins who came in that year and redshirted. Think about how much that would have changed the names on the back of the jerseys (the front has always been the same and that who I root for) . Like JB has said he don't worry about who's not here only the one who are. So think about this in the next few weeks when the comings and goings start and we all start freaking out.
Hopkins was the year before, no?

He came in and the Richard Manning, Siock, Scott, etc class

Hopkins was the year before, no?

He came in and the Richard Manning, Siock, Scott, etc class
You may be right (I may be crazy) Math is hard. Remembering is harder. I do remember seeing Billy Joel in the dome in 89 though.

So many memories of those steps leading up to Day Hall drunker than a skunk. Sometimes we took the stairs, sometimes we took the roof, and one time I had to hitch a ride to the top because my feet stopped working.
Those steps at 3AM after a night at Sutters were not fun!

Those steps at 3AM after a night at Sutters were not fun!
Good 'ole Sutters. Home of the nasty beer from rusty pipes. I spent many Friday happy hours there. Hard to beat all the beer you can consume 4-7pm for 4 bucks (if I'm recalling correctly).

You really have to wonder what level of bag drop Anderson received to push a New York City kid away from a powerhouse , championship level always on TV (not everyone was In those days) New York State program getting near 30k fans on the regular ... to the Deep South step child of the ACC program .. I mean in today’s dollars it must have been at least 500k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom