Jimmy Kimmel recreating ‘All in the Family,’ ‘The Jeffersons’ for TV special | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Kimmel recreating ‘All in the Family,’ ‘The Jeffersons’ for TV special

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
well this actually sounds pretty good given that it's for one night only and the people signed on so far

Jimmy Kimmel recreating ‘All in the Family,’ ‘The Jeffersons’ for TV special

"Kimmel is teaming up with TV icon Norman Lear to bring “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons” back to life “for one night only,” the late-night host announced Thursday.

The special event, scheduled to air May 22 at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC, will be broadcast “live in front of a studio audience,” Kimmel said.

The production features considerable star-power, as Woody Harrelson will play Archie Bunker and Marisa Tomei will portray Edith Bunker. Jamie Foxx will play George Jefferson, meanwhile, while Wanda Sykes takes on the role of Louise Jefferson. "

It’s 2019. It won’t be the same shows.

It would be nice if they used this opportunity to completely “politically incorrect” and poke fun at the races a bit the way they used to, and get everyone to lighten the hell up and unite in comedy.

It would be nice if they used this opportunity to completely “politically incorrect” and poke fun at the races a bit the way they used to, and get everyone to lighten the hell up and unite in comedy.
the only way to remake it is to be politically incorrect, I hope they hold true to the originals. I think it's a good plan to do both shows at once to highlight the bigotry from both Archie and George. Both shows are so iconic I'm not sure how they could ever be replicated, I like that Norman Lear is involved.

No chance with Kimmel. He used to laugh in the face of PC culture when he and Carolla did the man show. Now he's a brainwashed Hollywood elitist who subscribes to the leftist ideology of "Agree with me, or you're a hateful bigot"

No chance with Kimmel. He used to laugh in the face of PC culture when he and Carolla did the man show. Now he's a brainwashed Hollywood elitist who subscribes to the leftist ideology of "Agree with me, or you're a hateful bigot"
Tru dat

They are recreating original episodes. Will be interesting to see what direction they go.

Kimmel once did Karl Malone in blackface. That dude will do whatever he thinks will get him paid.

Wanda Sykes seems like more of a Florence than a Weezy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom