Class of 2019 - JJ Levandowski (MA / IMG) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JJ Levandowski (MA / IMG) Mid

Orangelax

2nd String
upload_2016-10-21_10-4-51.png

De-committed from Ohio State last week. Big pick up for the Class of 2019

It looks like JJ will be at IMG Academy this year
Great news. Top notch facilities, national schedule, & chance to build chemistry with fellow 2019 Donnelly & 2020 Snyder.

Looks solid yet again. He has looked good in every video I've seen of him while he's been at IMG. Unfortunately there are a ton of solid midfielders on the roster next year.

On another note, I believe #25 is Drew Snyder who is a 2020 commit (please correct me if I am wrong) he is playing d-mid late in the video and gets absolutely smoked. He is a really untraditional/kind of weird recruit, I have seen stuff about him as both a fogo training with the face off academy and other stuff about him as a attackman now d-mid?

Looks solid yet again. He has looked good in every video I've seen of him while he's been at IMG. Unfortunately there are a ton of solid midfielders on the roster next year.

On another note, I believe #25 is Drew Snyder who is a 2020 commit (please correct me if I am wrong) he is playing d-mid late in the video and gets absolutely smoked. He is a really untraditional/kind of weird recruit, I have seen stuff about him as both a fogo training with the face off academy and other stuff about him as a attackman now d-mid?
Who the hell are we watching in this video? #25 for whom?

Interesting on Snyder, as far as I know he is strictly an attackmen. Is it possible there is a defensemen with the same number? Very odd for him to be doing that IMG versus if he was playing at a regular highschool that needed him on the field the whole time.

Zawada looks to be as good as it gets imo. We haven't had a player like that in a while.

That one is going to hurt for a while. Hated to lose that kid.

Would love if he transfers to us eventually. There were rumors that the reason was largely financial, Michigan doesn't seem to be trending in the right direction, we don't play Michigan...would be very nice.

After actually watching the video: Lewandowski (#50) looks nice! Blew by his man a couple times on alley dodges. At 1:50 he easily beats a long pole on a nice split dodge and puts it away low. With Curry potentially moving down and Carlin graduating he may see some time. Some have said he can play attack as well.

Also Zawada (#79) doesn't exactly dominate this highlight film. Scores on a couple finishes and has a nice assist. Not saying he is not great but this particular highlight doesn't make him look like he will take over the college game or anything. But he does have a very nice dodge from behind at one point. Definitely a major loss for us. #51 who is going to Duke seems like the bigger problem.

#25 is Drew Snider (not Lewandowski) and I also have no idea why he is playing D middie.

#22 Sean Donelly has a nice finishing shot at 1:30. I like him as well.

That’s basically a Josh Zawada highlight video.
I just watched it and Zawada had a few goals but 2 of them were late goals in transition. Dyson Williams looks like the real star.

I agree with the assessment of Levandowski. He has a good split dodge. That can come in handy if he makes good decisions once he draws a slide.

I'm still hoping Donnelly is a good inside/crease player with a little bit extra in his game.

After actually watching the video: Lewandowski (#50) looks nice! Blew by his man a couple times on alley dodges. At 1:50 he easily beats a long pole on a nice split dodge and puts it away low. With Curry potentially moving down and Carlin graduating he may see some time. Some have said he can play attack as well.

Also Zawada (#79) doesn't exactly dominate this highlight film. Scores on a couple finishes and has a nice assist. Not saying he is not great but this particular highlight doesn't make him look like he will take over the college game or anything. But he does have a very nice dodge from behind at one point. Definitely a major loss for us. #51 who is going to Duke seems like the bigger problem.

#25 is Drew Snider (not Lewandowski) and I also have no idea why he is playing D middie.

#22 Sean Donelly has a nice finishing shot at 1:30. I like him as well.

Barring a graduate transfer attackmen or one of the frosh really exploding next fall (or one of the returners like Berkman) I think one of Curry, Dordevic or Lewandowski will be moved to attack. There just isn't enough PT to go around at the midfield with Trimbo, Lipka Dordevic Curry Buttermore Magnan Quinn Fiorini the Kim Twins, Lewandowski etc. Cook will certainly be moved back where he belongs to attack as well.

Barring a graduate transfer attackmen or one of the frosh really exploding next fall (or one of the returners like Berkman) I think one of Curry, Dordevic or Lewandowski will be moved to attack. There just isn't enough PT to go around at the midfield with Trimbo, Lipka Dordevic Curry Buttermore Magnan Quinn Fiorini the Kim Twins, Lewandowski etc. Cook will certainly be moved back where he belongs to attack as well.
Syracuse used to have a surplus of attackmen and play them as midfielders their first couple years. Guys like Matt Cutia, Ryan Powell, Josh Coffman started out as midfielders and moved to attack as either sophomores or Juniors. They were natural attackmen. Levandowski has never really struck me as a natural attackman, but I really haven't seen much of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom