Class of 2018 - RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport

Dolgeville outruns Sandy Creek, punches ticket to semifinals

Joe Benedict responded with the first score of the second quarter, a two-yard run that cut the deficit to 12-6, but the Dolgeville lead returned to 18-6 after Aasin Clausfound Zach Smith for a 60-yard touchdown pass. Benedict struck back with a 69-yard touchdown, only for Chase Doxtader to roll 40 yards and give the Blue Devils a 26-12 edge at the break..

Sandy Creek's Benedict finished his career in style, compiling 369 yards and four scores in the loss.

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Joe Benedict 32 369 11.53 83 4

Dolgeville outruns Sandy Creek, punches ticket to semifinals

Joe Benedict responded with the first score of the second quarter, a two-yard run that cut the deficit to 12-6, but the Dolgeville lead returned to 18-6 after Aasin Clausfound Zach Smith for a 60-yard touchdown pass. Benedict struck back with a 69-yard touchdown, only for Chase Doxtader to roll 40 yards and give the Blue Devils a 26-12 edge at the break..

Sandy Creek's Benedict finished his career in style, compiling 369 yards and four scores in the loss.

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Joe Benedict 32 369 11.53 83 4
Any thoughts what's next for him?

Agree.

I think all the great Syracuse teams had some of the best players out of upstate NY. They tend to be really tough, hard working and competitive. If there is an extra scholarship in this class, I hope it goes to Joe.

I have great confidence he will find his way on to the field and have a great college career, regardless of where he goes or what level of college ball he plays...

Meet the 2017 All-CNY football teams

benedict-all-cny-0df491e8d2da6349.jpg

Joe Benedict
Sandy Creek

Senior

Position: Running back/linebacker

What's next: College football

Best moment of the season: Winning my last ever home game.

Who inspires you? My brother, because he works hard and knows a lot about becoming a better athlete.

What's your most treasured piece of sports equipment? My helmet, because that is where I keep all of my stat stickers

What's the last thing you say before taking the field? Let's get it boys

Agree.

I think all the great Syracuse teams had some of the best players out of upstate NY. They tend to be really tough, hard working and competitive. If there is an extra scholarship in this class, I hope it goes to Joe.

I have great confidence he will find his way on to the field and have a great college career, regardless of where he goes or what level of college ball he plays...
Thanks tomcat. He is an unbelievable kid. He will do good no matter what. His dad is my best friend and he has raised with his ex 3 great kids. Love them all to death. Kid works really hard.

Thanks tomcat. He is an unbelievable kid. He will do good no matter what. His dad is my best friend and he has raised with his ex 3 great kids. Love them all to death. Kid works really hard.

shu 49 Out of curiosity, what schools is Joe considering now a days?

shu 49 Out of curiosity, what schools is Joe considering now a days?
Not sure. U Of Buffallo was in and he had heard from Boston College but nothing lately and i dont get it. Over 6 ft, fast as hell, 4.6 time at SU albeit hand so say 4.7. 214 now has frame for 235. Oh, and a quiet kid with a great family and unbelievable up bringing of course his pops is my best friend. After all this, i fgured low A school maybe AA but why with all intangibles would noone jump on him and give him a chance. BLOWS MY MIND. WTH.

Not sure. U Of Buffallo was in and he had heard from Boston College but nothing lately and i dont get it. Over 6 ft, fast as hell, 4.6 time at SU albeit hand so say 4.7. 214 now has frame for 235. Oh, and a quiet kid with a great family and unbelievable up bringing of course his pops is my best friend. After all this, i fgured low A school maybe AA but why with all intangibles would noone jump on him and give him a chance. BLOWS MY MIND. WTH.
Agreed...someone like UAlbany or Monmouth ought to offer him.

ok guys. Slow on d 1 and 2 talks with Joe. Did a visit at Brockport today and as a d 3 team they went out of there way for him. Great group of young coaches. Want him at rb and they do have a stud rb back as a senior who has great hips and speed. Joe wants there main major which is phys ed. He is very quiet and focused this year on state wrestling championship. I do feel he ends up there. Never tslked to him personally but just a feeling. I want the best for him. He deserves it.

ok guys. Slow on d 1 and 2 talks with Joe. Did a visit at Brockport today and as a d 3 team they went out of there way for him. Great group of young coaches. Want him at rb and they do have a stud rb back as a senior who has great hips and speed. Joe wants there main major which is phys ed. He is very quiet and focused this year on state wrestling championship. I do feel he ends up there. Never tslked to him personally but just a feeling. I want the best for him. He deserves it.
When I was da port they were a great football program '01!

FYI......SU Phys. Ed. program is small but personalized.

Small school. That's probably the ONLY reason. When you're at a small high school, you have to work your ass off to get almost any D1 coach to pay attention.

When I was da port they were a great football program '01!
They went to playoffs this year in d-3. Joe can break records there. It's a low key school also and he is more of a small town guy anyways.

They went to playoffs this year in d-3. Joe can break records there. It's a low key school also and he is more of a small town guy anyways.
More than the playoffs, the Final 4... great coaching staff and talent at BPort right now.

More than the playoffs, the Final 4... great coaching staff and talent at BPort right now.

Proud B-Port alum here, Class of '99. They stunk at football when I was there but this past year it was awesome to watch them on ESPN. Joe would be a great add for the Golden Eagles.

St. John Fisher '06... Just missed you guys, Brockport was down a bit when we started on the up-swing and Ithaca was strong, we had some great battles.

shu 49 if his grades are really good and/or would qualify for some need based aid, he should apply to SU as a normal student and see what they offer.

If its a great financial package and he's officially unrecruited by SU then he could receive max university aid and walk-on and prove his talent, without affecting scholarship player numbers.

Can a full qualifier Prep without affecting NCAA eligibility? Maybe that's an option for him if he wants to play at the BCS level - find a high profile prep school and play there for a year.

Can a full qualifier Prep without affecting NCAA eligibility? Maybe that's an option for him if he wants to play at the BCS level - find a high profile prep school and play there for a year.
Casey Rogers just did it.

Casey Rogers just did it.

Yeah good point - I was pretty sure full qualifiers can do it. It might just make it that you have 4 to play 4 and can't redshirt or something like that. Might be an option for him. If you go D3, it's pretty hard to move up to BCS level without walking on anyway.