Joe Cremo transfer to Villanova | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Cremo transfer to Villanova

6'4, 21 years old, wants to challenge himself and play at the highest level possible, wants to play in the tourney, expected to get his release on Monday.. read his direct quotes here...

And wasn't Albany the team that crushed one of the Cinderellas, UMBC, earlier this year?

I'm pretty certain he is a com major as well.

I was going to mention him earlier this season as someone to look at as grad transfer, but i stopped short because he is very close with Will Brown (as I understand it), and he has been UAlbany through and through (shut down recruiting early stifling "bigger" offers).

Followed his career throughout. Volume scorer, but he's not one dimensional. Called on to distribute the ball at times too.
Joe Cremo
Select the year prior on his game log page. Plenty of impressive performances.

If Howard Washington is out until Nov/Dec and Hughes is going to be playing a lot more 3, there's no reason not to take another guard, especially one who is only for one year.

That said, I think he's looking for a starting job somewhere and there are a few schools that have had an exodus and need bodies even more than SU does.

The kid is going to want minutes. We can’t provide them unless there are injuries.

Or Washington isn’t ready.

I agree...32+ minutes and I don't see that with Boeheim coaching unless Carey/Boeheim/Washington (possible redshirt)and possibly Hughes (now a possible 3) don't mind getting 10 minutes or less combined.

The reality right now is Hughes is looking at legitimate SF minutes. If Battle declares for the draft, an experienced SG wouldn't hurt. However, the question then becomes, "why would a grad transfer guard want to come here?"

With 5 guards on scholarship, 4 of which can play SG, the situation isn't all that attractive for a grad transfer guard.

Legitimate SF mins in what way? Oshae is going to be playing 38+ mins again with 30+ of those coming at SF I imagine. I guess Marek isn't the best at staying out of foul trouble so that would be the only time I'd imagine that Hughes would play more than 10 mins at the 3. Jimmy is extremely reluctant to ever sacrifice length/defense for offense.

Yeah Cremo would more of a "nice to have" than a true need.

If JB and staff think Hughes can be legit at the bottom of the zone, then maybe Cremo makes sense.

But at this point I imagine the PT something like

G (80 minutes) - Frank (35) Carey (32) Hughes (7)
F (80 minutes) - OB (36) Marek (30) Hughes (14)
C (40 minutes) - PC (24) Sidbie (16)

Buddy will play sparingly, maybe HoWash RS?

JB's best teams play 8 guys - so while we do need another body most likely (unless he thinks Buddy is ready), we probably won't attract a guy who wants big time minutes. 10-12 minutes at the Forward spot is probably what we have available

He would be our best shooter by a mile but I too think he wants minutes.

Legitimate SF mins in what way? Oshae is going to be playing 38+ mins again with 30+ of those coming at SF I imagine. I guess Marek isn't the best at staying out of foul trouble so that would be the only time I'd imagine that Hughes would play more than 10 mins at the 3. Jimmy is extremely reluctant to ever sacrifice length/defense for offense.

Oshae will be the 4 when Marek is out, with the current roster. That would make Hughes the 3 because he's the only other guy who can play Forward. 12+ mpg at SF is what I meant by 'legitimate'. I don't see Marek topping 30mpg often.

He would be our best shooter by a mile but I too think he wants minutes.
While he's a scorer, I don't think he's a great shooter. A lot of his points were going to the basket (against America East competition).

I guess Hughes is a forward now.
I hope that's just humor. Because the NIT is where we ended up last time we lost half our front line and started using SG's as forwards and forwards as centers. We don't need guards. We are in desperate need of a forward, even two if we can find them. And a third center would be highly advisable.

I hope that's just humor. Because the NIT is where we ended up last time we lost half our front line and started using SG's as forwards and forwards as centers. We don't need guards. We are in desperate need of a forward, even two if we can find them. And a third center would be highly advisable.
Bad humor, sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom