Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

CuseGrad94

Starter
he has bad bowl news for Syracuse fans and you can blame the Big 12. He said more to come in a few minutes. If you want to follow him he is @jwgiglio

Last edited:
Hmm. Sounds like we are getting shafted in favor of N.C. State for the Camping World based on his teaser. Blame the Big 12... this sounds weak

He’s going to try and say the b12 rep will be Iowa st causing the bowl to select NCSt for attendance purposes.

he has bad bowl new for Syracuse fan and you can blame the Big 12. He said more to come in a few minutes. If you want to follow him he is @jwgiglio

All I can say is the current bowl selection process is an absolute joke. How does the second place team in the ACC end up in what I consider the worst bowl game because of its cold weather location. This team should at least get the Gator or Music City Bowl.

He just posted an article if you guys know how to add the link. I haven't read it yet

basically the article states a lot of was bounced around on the board yesterday. If the Big 12 member is Iowa St than it will be NCST. If it is WVU it will be Cuse. Nothing earth shattering.

All I can say is the current bowl selection process is an absolute joke. How does the second place team in the ACC end up in what I consider the worst bowl game because of its cold weather location. This team should at least get the Gator or Music City Bowl.

Relax guy.

In the end, all but two of these games are exhibitions and we weren’t sniffing those two. Bowls, sponsors, locales, (conferences) are there to make money. They’re not worried about the sensibilities of SU fans. They are looking to optimize value. That’s it.

Root for Ohio State to drop the hammer on Northwestern or Texas to beat Oklahoma. A lot of scenarios there.

We’re always going to be at the mercy of the bowls because we’re a small Northeast school. Just put a bigger chip on our shoulder.

Here's why you can't trust this guy...

He has WVU possibly going to the Sugar Bowl - news flash - that CANNOT happen. It's either going to be Oklahoma or Texas.

100%, he just tweeted that he made a mistake on the Big 12 scenario. Said he was hyper focused on the ACC but now it is fixed. FWIW

root for Texas this weekend to be safe, because honestly, what the guy says makes some sense. they may want NC State if ISU is the Camping World opponent. that would not shock me. it would be stupid and unfair, but it wouldn't shock me. if WVU is the rep from the Big 12 we are a shoe in for Camping World

root for Texas this weekend to be safe, because honestly, what the guy says makes some sense. they may want NC State if ISU is the Camping World opponent. that would not shock me. it would be stupid and unfair, but it wouldn't shock me. if WVU is the rep from the Big 12 we are a shoe in for Camping World

Agree. I think his theory has a lot of merit. Would much rather the Sun bowl than pinstripe against an awful B1G team like MSU

Joe has struggled some trying to cover this story but he isn't wrong again. No reporter could be that incompetent. We have to root for Oklahoma to not get in the college football playoff.

Go Texas!
Go Georgia!

One of those two teams has to win, and/or Ohio State has to really roll Northwestern.

BTW, if Syracuse gets boned and that mediocre NC State team goes to Orlando instead of us, I assume the ACC would let Syracuse pick which Tier 1 bowl that they want to attend as partial compensation for the awful injustice suffered. In that case, the team will pick the Sun Bowl.

I bet John Wildhack is talking to the Gator Bowl people right now as a backup plan. The Gator is done to a 6-5 South Carolina team or a 8-4 Texas A&M team Both should travel well to Jacksonville.

They have to decide whothe opponent is. If NC State is available, they are going to take them.

What if they are not?

I believe it comes down to a choice between a ranked 9-3 Syracuse team, or a 7-5 Wisconsin team or a 7-5 Michigan State team. Wisconsin was just destroyed by a bad Minnesota team and Michigan State is just unwatchable. Heck, they almost lost to Rutgers. Those fanbases are disgusted with these garbage teams and would rather stay at home and eat lutefisk.

Their most attractive matchup would be Texas A&M vs Syracuse. Two ranked teams coming off great wins. The TV ratings would be off the charts. Syracuse fans starved for a good bowl game for many years will attend in record numbers.

I wonder if the Gator Bowl people are smart enough to realize this? Probably not.

Last edited:
Would rather we play in Sun Bowl vs Oregon than the CWB vs Iowa St.
If you believe bowl games are for the players and the fans attending, then hell no. Matchup wise for sitting on your couch, sure. But the former trumps the latter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom