Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not only is Girard leading the nation in scoring at 49.8 ppg but he also recently picked up NYS Co Player of the Year for Class B in Football. Not sure who is left that doesn't think he isn't athletic enough (besides JAB) but you don't dominate in two sports unless you are gifted.
Joseph Girard III leads small-school NYS football all-state selections

It’s disrespectful to not offer him especially since he came here and JB said he was good enough to play at Syracuse. If i was him I would look elsewhere. He has nothing left to prove.

Could it be a height thing with Boeheim and the zone? He may have grown, but the sites Ive seen have him listed at 6'1, and we know how much Boeheim likes size.

I wasnt on here during the unofficial visit, did JB really tell him he was good enough to play there? Most of us were pleasantly surprised with the last kid to come out of the capitol region, so who knows? He sounds like he may have some of the most competitive fire in a long time, and he isnt the type of recruit JB would have to make any promises to unlike the usual prima donnas. At the same time, I could see him delivering the Albany Great Danes their first ever NCAA tournament win. It would be epic.

Last edited:
It’s disrespectful to not offer him especially since he came here and JB said he was good enough to play at Syracuse. If i was him I would look elsewhere. He has nothing left to prove.

JB doesn't like scoring. He has a natural mistrust for a guy putting up those kinds of offensive numbers.

Maybe the problem is that we don't get assists...and he would make shots, which would give us more assists...not good!:bat:

So not only is Girard leading the nation in scoring at 49.8 ppg but he also recently picked up NYS Co Player of the Year for Class B in Football. Not sure who is left that doesn't think he isn't athletic enough (besides JAB) but you don't dominate in two sports unless you are gifted.
Joseph Girard III leads small-school NYS football all-state selections

I'm not sure he is athletic enough. I've seen enough video to know he is not particularly a fast-twitch guy. I'm also concerned he is maxed out. He has been trained and given the keys to the gym since he was a wee-lad.

If he is offered, it's because he is exemplary at one thing, shooting. I wouldnt mind seeing a shooter like Gerard offered to round out the class. I dont think you'll see any big boys offer until camp/AAU season though. His current comp is just too weak (Section II looks like it is down after a few really strong years).

Could it be a height thing with Boeheim and the zone? He may have grown, but the sites Ive seen have him listed at 6'1, and we know how much Boeheim likes size.

I wasnt on here during the unofficial visit, did JB really tell him he was good enough to play there? Most of us were pleasantly surprised with the last kid to come out of the capitol region, so who knows? He sounds like he may have some of the most competitive fire in a long time, and he isnt the type of recruit JB would have to make any promises to unlike the usual prima donnas. At the same time, I could see him delivering the Albany Great Danes their first ever NCAA tournament win. It would be epic.
Albany already won an NCAA tournament game.

I’m just going to throw out a theory on why Girard III might not have received an offer:

JB envisions a class of 2018 recruit occupying the offense’s outside sniper role over the next few years.

Definitely not saying you're wrong, but god forbid that we actually have more than one guy on the team that can shoot.
13 man rosters are going to require a lot of managing due to duplicity. Not everyone is going to play. Will Girard or others be happy sitting the pine. That being said, it would be real nice to throw a Girard out there at the end of the game.

13 man rosters are going to require a lot of managing due to duplicity. Not everyone is going to play. Will Girard or others be happy sitting the pine. That being said, it would be real nice to throw a Girard out there at the end of the game.

I don't disagree with that, but I think that's something Girard could decide for himself if we offered - he can look at the roster and try to figure out where he fits in and whether or not it's the right situation. Our offense has become a pathetic thing to watch over the past several years, and it's mainly because all we bring in are long, athletic guys with no exceptional offensive skills. It's quite possible that the best shooter in the country is in our back yard, and he doesn't have an offer. Frustrating, for sure.

Definitely not saying you're wrong, but god forbid that we actually have more than one guy on the team that can shoot.
I want to like this ten times. Perhaps that one guy isn't always on every night. Imagine having a few bonafide shooters.

I'd rather take the kid from Cooperstown.
I'm curious why you say that. I have to admit I haven't followed how he is doing at prep school but I'm not hearing that from anyone else.

I want to like this ten times. Perhaps that one guy isn't always on every night. Imagine having a few bonafide shooters.
Imagine all the possibilities of what a 13 man roster could offer.

I'm curious why you say that. I have to admit I haven't followed how he is doing at prep school but I'm not hearing that from anyone else.

He’s bigger and shooting 40% in the Nepsac against other Division 1 players. Donna had a write up about him the other day playing against Goodine/Swider.

He’s bigger and shooting 40% in the Nepsac against other Division 1 players. Donna had a write up about him the other day playing against Goodine/Swider.
Does he have any D1 offers yet?

watched the cooperstown kid play 2-3 times. never saw anything close to Div 1 potential other than decent range on his shot. he really struggled in HS to get buy people, and played on a team that was happy to let him take all the shots he wanted. Has that changed with him getting bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom